I know this website is about weight loss but....

Options
HunnieM
HunnieM Posts: 37
does anyone here have a finger/hand tattoo?

I have a small one on my ring finger and it seems to be peeling more than i would like. i got a touch up about 2 weeks ago and it's starting to peel again. has anyone else had this dilemma with their tattoos in general?

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Are you putting any cream on it? A friend of mine got a Gumby tattoo and we put the cream on too often and Gumby's eye came off. It was pretty funny, and he did get ti fixed.
    Ask your tattoo artist what he/she thinks.
    I have 2 tattoos and for some reason they get lumpy if I am out in the sun for too long, even with sunscreen on.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Are you putting any cream on it? A friend of mine got a Gumby tattoo and we put the cream on too often and Gumby's eye came off. It was pretty funny, and he did get ti fixed.
    Ask your tattoo artist what he/she thinks.
    I have 2 tattoos and for some reason they get lumpy if I am out in the sun for too long, even with sunscreen on.

that is HILARIOUS :laugh:
  • HunnieM
    HunnieM Posts: 37
    Options
    yes i am putting unscented lotion on it because thats what i was told to do but i will talk to my tattoo artist! thanks!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Put sudocrem on it - not too much, just cover it maybe once a day
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Peeling skin or peeling skin with ink in it?

Mine all peeled for a fortnight and were fine after. My friend had a tattoo and now half of it is missing as it all peeled away - think it wasnt deep enough? Don't think cream does much really....
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Usually they want you to put something like A&D ointment on it. I was told no lotions. Also keep it out of the sun as much as possible.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I have one on the palm of my left hand (I so do not recommend it). It wasn't professionally done, so I sort of gave up on even remotely trying to stop the peeling a few days into the healing. It turned out fine in the end, though. My others (one on the back of my left hand, two on my left forearm, and one on my left shoulder) all peeled, too, but I just kept following the tattoo artists' instructions on them and they all came out fine in the end. Keep doing what they told you for aftercare and call them if you have concerns.
  • Whiskey_Byrne
    Whiskey_Byrne Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I currently have 5 tattoos and haven't had any problems with mine at all. I found that any nappy rash cream (I used Bepathen) is perfect for using during healing and i used a small amount 3 times a day (as soona s i got up, lunchtime and before i went to bed). Having it on your finger is difficult, it could be to much fussing as in creaming it and also washing your hands etc, or could be that it's being strtched to much while healing due to movement in your daily routine. Best to go and speak to your tattoo artist as they could probably give you some extra tips for the after care during healing for the position of the tattoo.
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I have used A&D for all of my tattoos and they have healed fine. I was also told to stay away from lotions.