• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    High fructose corn syrup isn't food

How so?
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I love sweets. Mostly cake, muffins, etc. I've confined them to the weekend, and it's been working out well so far.
  • saladcrunchy
    saladcrunchy Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Best answered by Jacques Peretti in the following:

The men that made us fat
    Written & Presented by Jacques Peretti

Part 1 – 58 mins
    vimeo.com/44450267

Part 2 – 58 mins
    https://vimeo.com/44892521

Part 3 – 58 mins
    https://vimeo.com/45786862

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    cookies & cream wafers with peanut butter on top
    swedish berries, hot lips,cherry blasters
    chocolate or carrot cake
    all dressed chips
    chocolate covered cashews only because i will eat 6 pounds of it
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Things that I struggle portioning (because I agree, there really isn't "bad" or "good" food)

Homemade soft chocolate chip cookies.
    Chocolate chip cookie dough
    Okay, who am I fooling? Any type of cookie dough!
    Candy, in particular, licorice, sweet/sour type chewy candy (not gummy stuff though) licorice, chocolate, especially high quality dark chocolate, licorice and licorice. :p
    I am pretty talented and can bake incredible cinnamon rolls, bread, Swedish pastries.... I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

I'm working on portions, not keeping things in my desk where it's easy to reach, baking in small manageable amounts with a purpose (like baking for someone, with a little left over for my family) or indulging when I'm going out to eat but it has to be something I LOVE and not just think it's "okay".

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Nutella.....and Tim Hortons French Vanilla Capuccino...those things are dangerous!
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cookies, cheesecake, muffins, ice cream, brownies... I could live off of yogurt, protein bars, and wine
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    LOL

My bad - feeling the shame - >hangs head with hot red cheeks<

actually, it isn't bad in moderation it just messes with weight loss

Desperately tragic fact for some folk: Even a limited amount of alcohol can undermine a diet even as part of a calorie controlled diet. This is because alcohol slows down and changes the way that the body burns and stores fat.
    http://www.builtlean.com/2012/11/26/alcohol-weight-loss/

Here is my penance - a useful post I hope

Alcohol: Recommended Daily Allowance: Women = 2-3 units + 1 for men. The calculation for RDA is complicated by differences in the alcohol % (strength or volume) in each type of drink.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts/what-is-alcohol/what-is-an-alcohol-unit

Wine Measure Units kcals Carbs
    1 bottle at 12% vol 750mls (75cls) 9.8 564 6
    Half bottle 375 mls 4.9 282 3
    1/3 bottle 250mls = large glass 3.3 188 2
    ¼ bottle 187mls 2.45 141 1.5
    Standard small glass 175mls 2. 132 1.25
    1/6 bottle 125 ml 1.6 94 1

A moderate amount of red wine (also pure cranberry juice) may help thin blood, raise levels of good cholesterol and dissolve ‘young’ artery plaques. Pinot noir has the highest anti-oxidant rate and other beneficial properties.

• Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference Pinot Noir
    • Waitrose Romanian
    • Cono Sur - Bicicleta Pinot Noir or Chapel Hill Pinot Noir

Isoflavones also inhibit the growth of cells that form artery clogging plaque.
    http://www.isoflavones.info/

am I forgiven? :neutral:

Wine is a migraine trigger for me. But there is a selection of cheap, sweet, alcohols in my kitchen that I'm avoiding until I drop 10 more pounds. And there is rum and some fun flavored vodkas in there. Luckily I rarely drink anyway so it is a bit easier.
  • joeyana7
    joeyana7 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Omg potato chips and pizza. I always fail to say no ugh :(
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love brownies, chocolate ice cream, wine and fried fish. Being a New Orleanian, my fish gotta have some crunch. I have learned how to bake, grill and saute it though. I just love it breaded with hot sauce. Mmmmm
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Are there really BAD foods or just bad AMOUNTS of food? I mean is anything that doesn't kill you a BAD food? to wit:
    "i still eat that stuff now, mind you, but i watch the portions"
    " when I do I still track them as normal and try not to go over my limit"
    "I give myself maintenance days every few days so I can properly enjoy them!"

food nazis will have you believe that eating foods like mac and cheese are bad, but i dont think there are bad foods.

Me neither. The only thing "bad" about some foods is the amount of calories there are in a tiny portion, like peanut butter.

For me, I have to be very strong when I am in the deli section of the store and see fried chicken, sitting there looking all delicious in its clear plastic container. The calories aren't outrageously bad but the sodium is through the roof and once I start in on fried chicken, I don't seem to have an off button.

I used to fight the spaghetti urge as well but I've been able to ween myself off of it pretty well. Now, I just keep a case or two of FiberGourmet on hand so that when the pasta cravings do hit, I just boil up a box and that seems to satisfy me for a month or two.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    butterfingers
  • Elimacks
    Elimacks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet!
  • Weightever
    Weightever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, sweets, pepperoni pizza, cheese puffs, sour cream and onion chips...
  • BackupFridge
    BackupFridge Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Whole-grain spaghetti. Nutritionally vacant but something to salivate over.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Herr's Peppered Bacon Potato Chips and Skinny Pop Naturally Sweet Popcorn and Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle

All three of these are terrible ideas I put in my pantry... but all yummy to say the least (I do fit them in my calories though)
  • saladcrunchy
    saladcrunchy Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Mashed potato volcano with real butter, a spoonful of Branston pickle, a perfectly poached egg and grated cheddar cheese (lava)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed these responses.

Ranch dressing is not a food, but it's the best condiment ever. It made everything taste delicious... pizza, French fries, burgers, chicken sandwiches, salad (of course), etc. You get the drift. I have not had ranch in 3 1/2 years (even before joining MFP and working on losing weight), but I think of it fondly often. Ranch and I had some good times together, but all good things must come to an end. :)
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I don't see any food as "bad". Foods that I don't feel get the most "bang for my buck" are Panera bagels with cream cheese.. pizza.. Any kind of cheese... French fries. But I dream of bagels. I have one once a week. I love them but I am hungry like an hour later.