You can do more then you think

MellowGa
MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I was in the Army in my 20's and they used to push us, there were times when I thought I would collapse, that I could not do something, but I pushed through it and conquered it. I think one of our biggest obstacles was running/jogging 20 miles in full gear with full rucks (backpacks with 40lb) in the middle of the night, I was a road guard, which is, basically when ever our company came to a road, we would sprint ahead, and "stop traffic" so we could run by, then we would sprint to "catch up" to the jogging company, so it was like serious HIIT training.

But I did it, I beat it, I conquered, exhausted, but proud.

But I am much older now and have diferent goals.

anyway, today I was doing my elliptical and my goal was 500 cal burned and 3 miles, well I was able to push myself and get to 600 cal burn and 4 miles....a small win, but significant, because I didn't quite, I pushed myself further.

But the point is, just when you think you can't go any further or handle it anymore....you can...you can go further, you can do more.

We often quit on ourselves, the body can do more then you think, try and push out 5 more sit ups, 5 more push ups...another half mile.... you can do more then you think, never quit.

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Inspiring words to end the night...thank you.
  • Thanks so much for that. I really needed to hear that today. I appreciate your encouragement. Blessings to you.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    AMEN!

Exercise is just like anything else. No push = no progress. Our bodies can handle a lot more than we give them credit for.

I never thought I would be able to burn 1000 calories in 45 minutes at the gym, and after only 2 weeks of daily weight and cardio training, I burn through 800-1000 calories per workout. It's great! I feel unstoppable :)
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    so inspiring!!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Thank you for that post.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    So true! Good words! Thanks for posting!
  • veggievixen
    veggievixen Posts: 36 Member
    We all need to hear this, thanks. I know I struggle with this in work outs a lot. It really is hard to keep on going, especially when looking at how far away the prize is sometimes. I've started making up my own cadences to keep me pumped on the rough days. Breaking it down really helps too, "just XX more." That and having my trainer's watching ready to add more reps if I stop!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Amen!
This discussion has been closed.