Kinda new...

Rachel1011
Rachel1011 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all...

I was on this thing back in the spring time and did wonderful on it....I lost 22 lbs in about 2.5 months, but somehow or another I dropped off. I really don't know what happened, but I DO know that when I got on the scale Monday morning it showed me such a horrific number I wanted to drop dead right there....I gained all my weight back (which I knew just from my clothes and the way I felt) PLUS 25 lbs....I basically put on 47 lbs in 8 months. Pretty disgusting.

I started a brand new account as I just want a FRESH start....I have 150 lbs to go and I will do it. This time is different, I'm not just losing for me, but losing for my boyfriend....who loves me as I am....but I'm trying to get my body into healthy mode so that we can have a baby the right way....no no, not NOW, but within the next few years...I want to get a head start for my wedding too!

I watched th BIggest Loser last night, for the first time ever...and holy cow, these contestants are totally inspirational.

I know short term goals are key, so I would like to lose 5lbs this week. But my ultimate goal is to weight 165 by January 2011....giving me 2 whole years to get everything to where I want it to be.

I would love the support on my lifestyle change....so...holler! :tongue:

:heart: Rachel

Replies

• Hey all...

I was on this thing back in the spring time and did wonderful on it....I lost 22 lbs in about 2.5 months, but somehow or another I dropped off. I really don't know what happened, but I DO know that when I got on the scale Monday morning it showed me such a horrific number I wanted to drop dead right there....I gained all my weight back (which I knew just from my clothes and the way I felt) PLUS 25 lbs....I basically put on 47 lbs in 8 months. Pretty disgusting.

I started a brand new account as I just want a FRESH start....I have 150 lbs to go and I will do it. This time is different, I'm not just losing for me, but losing for my boyfriend....who loves me as I am....but I'm trying to get my body into healthy mode so that we can have a baby the right way....no no, not NOW, but within the next few years...I want to get a head start for my wedding too!

I watched th BIggest Loser last night, for the first time ever...and holy cow, these contestants are totally inspirational.

I know short term goals are key, so I would like to lose 5lbs this week. But my ultimate goal is to weight 165 by January 2011....giving me 2 whole years to get everything to where I want it to be.

I would love the support on my lifestyle change....so...holler! :tongue:

:heart: Rachel
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP! Glad you're back and ready to get at this new healthier lifestyle. Two years should give you plenty of time to do it the slow, steady, and right way. That way when you reach your goal weight, what you've been doing will have become a way of life for you.

I watched Biggest Loser too, what an inspiration to get off my butt and on the treadmill! Actually that's where I'm headed now. Good luck to you, I know you can do it this time.
  • sookie
    sookie Posts: 1
    Good morning. I am also new to the website but not to the whole struggling with weight arena. It sounds like you have a great plan and good support in your boyfriend. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    That was kinda the wake up call for me too. A couple weeks ago I found my old "fat pants" in the drawer and was horrified when I tried to put them on. I had to lay down on the bed to zip em. Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me sick.
    Hang in there. You have to make small steps, small changes, things you will be able to keep up with 3 months down the line when you don't feel like logging calories.
  • I have never watched biggest loser until last night. I read some of the posts in here on Monday, people getting excited about it coming on. Anyways, I really think it is a good show and the people are real. I think I'll finish the season now.
  • I'm on day two at this site and I Love it ! I think I kept so busy on it yesterday i didn't have time to think about wanting to cheat. Lost half a pound yesterday , this is easier than weight watcher, no lugging around books and diary's, I'm usualy around a computer anyway so this is a simple way to keep track of what I'm eatiing and how many calories I have left.
    We can do this girls and boys "we can DO this" !!

Lets Grab a Glass of Water and Get On With It !
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I'm on day two at this site and I Love it ! I think I kept so busy on it yesterday i didn't have time to think about wanting to cheat. Lost half a pound yesterday , this is easier than weight watcher, no lugging around books and diary's, I'm usualy around a computer anyway so this is a simple way to keep track of what I'm eatiing and how many calories I have left.
    We can do this girls and boys "we can DO this" !!

Lets Grab a Glass of Water and Get On With It !

I LOVE your attitude! And YES, EVERYONE CAN do it!! All it takes is logging all your foods, (preferably BEFORE you have them) watching your numbers, getting some exercise, and drinking LOTS AND LOTS of water. :drinker:
    MFP's "lifestyle change" is really fairly easy, as well as downright fun and addicting! If you haven't discovered that yet, you WILL! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.