I need to know the pros and cons of these meds!!

Options
Ok I had gained weight because I was so depressed and my doc prescribed me phentermine along with well-butrin. I take them as directed which is once daily ... They both seem to be working because I am down 21 lbs from when I started them. However I wonder if when I try and wean myself away will i gain the weight back? Btw I do workout and I do eat right ... I needed a boost and since i have one I was considering weaning myself away from the meds... Well just the phentermine .....

Replies

• jf3334
    jf3334 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These are questions for your doctor.
  • DLMitch22
    DLMitch22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lol ok ... And I did ask my doctor but of course she said it wouldn't but was just tryna see if anyone else had taken
    Either one of them... Thanks for replying though....
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you keep doing what you are doing and keep track of your calories there is no reason for you to gain the weight back.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    There's always a price to pay with any meds. Best to just eat less....no mystery here....
  • DLMitch22
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and yes I believe I can stick to it and not gain the weight back.....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are losing weight and your plan is working. You are developing new habits. You will be fine when you and your doc are ready to go off the meds. :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Was the Wellbutrin prescribed for weight loss or the depression? If just for weight loss I would be rather hesitant about it because could actually worsen depression. Psych meds can sometimes have the opposite effect from what they are intended to do.
  • DLMitch22
    Options
    Hey she prescribed the well butrin because I was mainly stressed out and depressed over the summer when my baby girl got hit by a car and I picked up a bad drinking habit which also was the cause of my weight gain ... But the well butrin helped me out a lot I haven't had a drink in a long time .... She did mention it would work great with the combination of phentermine which it really has ...