Weight Gain & NSV in one day...

Options
I have been a little stressed or sad we can say for the past few days. I have been using MFP for about a month now and until this weekend (weigh myself every Wednesday) I've lost 2 lbs a week. After a stressful, and kindof unhealthy weekend (still not going over my calories) I checked my weight on Monday (unofficially) and OMG I gained 3 lbs. A few of my friends said they don't think I have actually gained 3 lbs maybe I am bloated from what I ate over the weekend (fingercrossed). So after almost drowning myself in water for the past few days (100 oz or more), I officially checked my weight again - sadly enough the 3 lbs are still there :sad: . I know I can't let this get me down, and let this be my excuse to fall of the wagon like I've done so many times in the past but WOW - when will it stop...

HOWEVER...
While getting dressed this morning for work I was trying to find something to wear that won't make me feel fat... I saw a pair of Old Navy capri pants I've had for about 8 years but haven't been able to fit now for about 3. I said what the heck - give them a try... if they don't fit then its ok they will fit again one day... OMG THEY FIT!!! Still a little tight on my booty (but thanks to my mom - I can't get passed having a big butt) but my stomach isn't hanging over the top (no muffin top today) :smile: . Wow that made me feel so much better...

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The pants don't lie. Congratulations.
  • strauernicht
    Options
    I find the same thing happens to me if I have a bad weekend. I think an excess of carbs tends to lend itself to water retention. I found that tracking measurements (chest, waist, hips) under the Check-in tab gives a more realistic gauge of body changes than weight alone.

Congrats on getting the pants to fit.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the NSV! It can take a while sometimes for your body to sort it self out. Up until Monday I had stayed teh same weight all month but like you I was eating badly but not going over calories. A few days of healthy eating and lets just say i lost 5lbs of water between Monday and today. It will come off soon :flowerforyou:
  • bethmiller3377
    bethmiller3377 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you weight lifting at all??? If you do, then you WILL gain, or not seen much of a change on the scale sometimes. It's just from adding muscle. :-)
    I'm doing weights 3 times a week and this week is the first week I have not lost. It stayed right where it was. ARGH! Frustrating, but I know that the weightlifting doesn't show up as "losing" on the scale...so trust your clothes! ;-)
  • dawnmj1121
    dawnmj1121 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats, the clothes sometimes tell a better story..
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Are you weight lifting at all??? If you do, then you WILL gain, or not seen much of a change on the scale sometimes. It's just from adding muscle. :-)
    I'm doing weights 3 times a week and this week is the first week I have not lost. It stayed right where it was. ARGH! Frustrating, but I know that the weightlifting doesn't show up as "losing" on the scale...so trust your clothes! ;-)

Not a lot of weight lifting. I did do Zumba Cardio with ankle weights on the other day, and when I do my circuits at home I use 5 lbs weights for some of the workout.
  • issabishie
    issabishie Posts: 28
    Options
    That''s fantastic! Just goes to show you should never rely solely on your scales :)
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same exact thing. I wouldn't let it get you down. It could just be bloating like you said. Hang in there! I think you are doing great!