no weight loss but different shape!!!

Options
help!!! ive been going to the gym for 3 month now and i ve only lossed 3lb!!! how ever my bodyshape has totally changed ive gone down at least 1 maybe 2 dress sizes since i started and people are asking me how much have you lost n im embrassed to say ive only lost 3lb!!! i have a lot to losse 100lb plus so its quite upsetting not seeing the weiging scales go down what am i doing wrong!! is anybody else out there having the same problem!!! i think its more upsetting as me and my sister embarked on this weight loss journey together n she has lost 31lb n we go to the gym together n do the same work out so why is it working for her and not me!!! i just feel like im destined to be fat forever :(

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Because you are gaining more muscle. Your clothes don't lie.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Probably replacing your fatty fat with lean muscle... so you have denser and more lean weight, which is AWESOME!!! I've experienced the same!

By chance, did you take your measurements or determine your body fat 3 months ago? Those are my largest telling areas in my progress. I'm "only" down 44 pounds in the last 13 months, but I've lost OVER 60 INCHES and over 14% BODY FAT and 2-3 DRESS SIZES!
  • makeachange22
    Options
    changing your eating habits, i reviewed your diary .. more vegetables, lean meats, complex carbs , less fats limit your self to certain amounts of food really weight watchers OLD system NOT points plus is awesome ! but if its not for you, eat three meals a day, and each meal drink water , have vegetables or protein.. just make healthier choices see if that brings you anywhere
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    Instead of tracking your weight lose, track your inches lost. Even if you don't see a difference on the scale and your body is changing, you are loosing fat and gaining muscle. So the next time someone asks you how much weight you've lost, just smile and say you've lost x amount of inches or x amount of clothing sizes. They don't need to know the weight lost to know that you've lost weight, like you said, you're in smaller clothes. :bigsmile:
  • anhalla
    anhalla Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too hun. Although i have lost 7llb over a period of a month my shape has changed. I dont do the gym as i live on a tight budget but i walk everywhere and exercise at home as much as i can. I've recently got Wii Zumba OMG!! Give it a go! Muscle is heavier than fat though. You keep going and try M Ladder. :flowerforyou:
  • stackey01
    stackey01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I have not lost any weight in the last 3 months. The scales go up 1lb then down a 1lb but everyone I see keeps saying I have lost loads of weight, what am I doing, how much weight have you lost?! I stupidly didn't measure myself now I wish I did, I would probably be more motivated to keep up the healthy eating and excercise!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I have not lost any weight in the last 3 months. The scales go up 1lb then down a 1lb but everyone I see keeps saying I have lost loads of weight, what am I doing, how much weight have you lost?! I stupidly didn't measure myself now I wish I did, I would probably be more motivated to keep up the healthy eating and excercise!

Well, there's no time like the present to start! Go ahead and measure yourself now, so you can monitor the inches lost from here on out! :-)
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    just had a quick look at your diary and you are eating the wrong kind of foods... i was the same and just because i was below my carloie goal i was still eating fatty processed foods which are full of carbs. It seems, from your diary, that you only eat 3 times a day. Try and mix this up and eat your breakfast in the morning 9-10am, a snack, lunch, snack and dinner.

Try to cut out the processed food as this is the wrong type of food you should be eating in order to lose weight.

Perhaps try an egg white omelette with grilled bacon for your breakfast to stay off the carbs and a salad for lunch?

Play around with fresher foods to lower the fat & carsb in your diet.

Maninly drink LOADS of water, i mean at least 8 cups a day. It will flush out all the bad stuff and will help you kickstart your weight loss by lososing the water weight.... it really works...

Good luck xx