what do you eat for lunch?

Options
I never know what to eat for lunch. I need new things to eat

Replies

• BackupFridge
    BackupFridge Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Almond milk with a scoop of whey + peanut butter keeps me going for the next 7 hours. Then I eat heavier for dinner -> sleep on a happy stomach.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some sort of quesadilla with vegetables and kidney beans or black beans. Sometimes I just eat the filling I make without the tortilla, even.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and chipotle.
  • lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi ! For work I usually make some pasta or rice with veggies, I add an egg or houmous or cheese. Yogurt and a piece of fruit. A few chocolate squares with my coffee sometimes. YUM !
  • PrincessRina112
    PrincessRina112 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been rolling up thin slices of maple turkey with pepper jack cheese with fruit and pretzels on the side. Quick and easy
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Today I cooked quorn nuggets, 15 mins in oven, added avocado, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumber. yesterday I had quinoa salad
    salad. Wraps with thin ham/turkey filling is good or jacket potato with taziki dip or tuna and cucumber.
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I normally have a lunch meat wrap on a flatout. Maybe some sort of pasta, but I always pair with a salad.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sandwich, baby carrots, string cheese, and an ounce of nuts most days. The sandwich can be anything from turkey pastrami with mustard to cheese and hummus.
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Leftovers or salad, which is some combination of spring mix, spinach, arugula, baby beets, berries, bell peppers, nuts, crumbled goat or feta cheese, maybe chicken breast or sausage, and a basic vinaigrette dressing... Depends on what's in the fridge.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't differentiate lunch and dinner food. So, whatever I would have for dinner.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't differentiate lunch and dinner food. So, whatever I would have for dinner.
    This. A lot of time leftovers. Or a variation on leftovers. For example, tonight I am making a balsamic pork tenderloin with roasted veggies. Tomorrow the pork will be sliced over a salad for lunch.

• pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    A tuna wrap (made at home); small apple (4 ounces) and a mini York Peppermint pattie.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a protein shake for lunch but I eat a good breakfast and a heavy dinner. I also like to go to bed with a full/happy stomach. But when I do have lunch I like chicken or salmon over greens, or any kind of meat over greens, I sometimes do a few hard boiled eggs, string cheese and an apple. I like to chop up a variety of raw veggies and mix it with avocado or hummus. I am a big fan of scrambled egg whites chopped up with lean meat, veggies, apple slices. Things like that.
  • Sabretooth333
    Sabretooth333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato, a whole load of different coloured veg (boiled or steamed), sliced jalepenos, and meat of your choice.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    a8fb7c635c6cffd14f3c52c251f30f9d.png
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I typically eat leftovers from last night's dinner or some type of salad.
    Yesterday was a tuna salad made with some leftover ahi tuna steak.
    Today is a salad made with some leftover red quinoa and canned cannellini beans.

If there are no leftovers and I'm in a hurry my go-to lunch is plain nonfat greek yogurt mixed with Bran Buds cereal and fruit.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Usually a salad with protein or a turkey-and-cheese sandwich (on a sandwich thin) with raw vegetables on the side. I eat other things too -- dinner leftovers, when I have them -- but those two lunches are what I eat probably four days out of five.