Lost 40 lbs in 90 days - Taking it to the Next Level!

n8olsen
n8olsen Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
42 year old ex-college football player, father of two young daughters and husband of a smoking hot Texas girl from Cali. Looking to set a heathy example for my girls and keep up with my wife! Spent the last 90 days eating only 800 calories a day of almost all protein and almost no carbs. Went from 240 lbs with a 46 inch belly (40 inch jeans) to 200 lbs and 38 inches around the midsection (34 inch jeans). Started running again and hitting the weights. Hired a personal trainer, for the first time ever, and taking her advice to up my caloric intake to 1600 a day. Looking forward to starting my new workouts on Tuesday next week and getting into the best shape of my life! Why not strive for ideal health, strength and appearance? It's all will power!

Replies

• tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    did you gain weight when you went up to 1600 calories? congrats on your weight loss and taking it to the next level.
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Congrats!!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Impressive, Nate! So glad you up'ed your intake. Keep killing it!
  • _flawedperfectly_
    _flawedperfectly_ Posts: 34 Member
    You win top award for the way you described your wife. I love it! Congrats on your weight loss.
  • n8olsen
    edited October 2015
    did you gain weight when you went up to 1600 calories? congrats on your weight loss and taking it to the next level.

I just upped it today. I'll let you know!

• miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Did you work out while on 800cal?
  • n8olsen
    Not really. Just started going to the gym regularly about a month ago.
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Great job man! Keep up the good work. I am just starting on my weight loss and while I am not crazy about my eating, it does amaze me how much I feel like I have eaten only to log it and see it was still less than 1000 calories before my afternoon snack and dinner. It may not be what I WANT (I want cake and chips and cookies and candy and Burger King) but I feel like I am always eating and still losing weight.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited October 2015
    Nate, were you using a food scale and weighing all your foods when you were eating 800 calories? Congrats on the loss!
  • n8olsen
    Nate, were you using a food scale and weighing all your foods when you were eating 800 calories? Congrats on the loss!

Sometimes. Most of the time relied on an app with a scanner that would tell me how much I was eating.

Breakfast was always the same thing, couple eggs or a protein shake. Lunch was a grilled chicken breast. For dinner I'd usually eat a 4 oz filet, salmon or chicken with salad.
  • n8olsen
    UncaToddly wrote: »
    Great job man! Keep up the good work. I am just starting on my weight loss and while I am not crazy about my eating, it does amaze me how much I feel like I have eaten only to log it and see it was still less than 1000 calories before my afternoon snack and dinner. It may not be what I WANT (I want cake and chips and cookies and candy and Burger King) but I feel like I am always eating and still losing weight.

I gets easier once you get over the carb withdraws... I got to the point when I felt full after only eating half of a petite filet! I know 800 calories is restrictive, but I had plenty of stored calories (aka "fat") to keep me going! I also took vitamins and drank lots of Powerade Zero daily for electrolytes.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member

A 200lb man is not going to gain on 1600 calories. I don't gain until I eat almost 1900.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Wow 800 cals is LOW, glad you upped them! My husband and I are just barely over 3 months in and he has lost 60 lbs and I'm a bit shy of 40. It definitely is possible, and we've been doing it without working out. Also very low carb :)

Congrats
  • n8olsen
    My goal weight is 190 lbs. after that, I'll increase calories again to maintain.
  • n8olsen
    Wow 800 cals is LOW, glad you upped them! My husband and I are just barely over 3 months in and he has lost 60 lbs and I'm a bit shy of 40. It definitely is possible, and we've been doing it without working out. Also very low carb :)

Congrats

Great work! It's a constant battle, congrats on your success!

• SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    GOOD JOB!!
  • pakanoir
    pakanoir Posts: 14 Member
    Well done!
  • n8olsen
    miles0213 wrote: »
    Did you work out while on 800cal?

I will say, tried running a few times on no carbs and it was a bear! Had to stop every mile or so because I kept hitting a wall. Got dizzy and nauseous at the end so I stopped. Learned my lesson, the body needs fuel!
  • n8olsen
    edited October 2015
    "BEFORE" at 238 lbs in June
    van55qqkcm17.jpeg

"AFTER" at 200 lbs in September
    jtxfv8iv5ol4.jpeg

The Journey
    s1vrr5t0wal6.png

• lilbitoftrouble
    lilbitoftrouble Posts: 2,052 Member
    You look great! Congrats on your amazing transformation.