Whey Protein brands for post-workout and supplementation

Options
I'm a middle distance runner, 3-17 miles and 20-30/week, and have been including Myoplex Lite 100% Whey both post workout and 1-2x during the day to hit my protein goals. I just switched brands to GNC's Pro Performance - Amplified Recovery Protein XR. I'm not in love with the taste, but if it gets better results I'm sold. I'd like to hear what you use, why you chose that brand, and any anecdotal experiences that support your choice.

Replies

• mapexdrummer69
    Options
    I'm a middle distance runner, 3-17 miles and 20-30/week, and have been including Myoplex Lite 100% Whey both post workout and 1-2x during the day to hit my protein goals. I just switched brands to GNC's Pro Performance - Amplified Recovery Protein XR. I'm not in love with the taste, but if it gets better results I'm sold. I'd like to hear what you use, why you chose that brand, and any anecdotal experiences that support your choice.

Based on taste alone, I love Gaspari's Myofusion. All the flavors are ROCKIN'. Mixability and consistency are great as well. I don't believe in any need for immediate post workout supplementation, and only use whey if I have a day that I've not hit my protein goals from whole food.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    EAS products are great!
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use Nitrotech Hardcore chocolate. The taste is good, the consistency is smooth, and I can tell that I gain more muscle on it than off.
  • Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use EAS powder, vanilla flavor along with Secure meal replacement. I usually make smoothie with some ice cubes, sliced strawberries, water and 1 scoop of each . It's delicious, low carb ( which is what I follow) and I drink it usually after my work outs.
  • alleyag
    alleyag Posts: 142
    Options
    I like gold standard optimum nutrition whey for daily implementation. Around workout for pre and post its def myofusion and isomass cookies and cream. As far as taste goes though, elite gourmet by dymatize fudge brownie flavor is incredible. Good blend of whey and casien and cheap too!