lost a lot of weight?

Options
I am wondering if there are people who have lost more than 50 lbs and did not have to get any form of surgery or procedure to remove extra skin. All I am hearing from those who have lost a lot is that they have so much skin hanging and its horrible for them. How can I lose and tighten up skin as I go?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    It's important to exercise while losing weight to avoid having excess skin. Do strengthening exercises with weights, especially. Also try not to drop weight too fast. When you lose weight very quickly, your body can't keep up with it and you get loose skin. But if you lose slowly, it helps avoid excess skin. Good luck!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too!
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    It's important to exercise while losing weight to avoid having excess skin. Do strengthening exercises with weights, especially. Also try not to drop weight too fast. When you lose weight very quickly, your body can't keep up with it and you get loose skin. But if you lose slowly, it helps avoid excess skin. Good luck!

Awesome
    thank you!
  • cindysharp1
    Options
    I talked to the trainer at our gym about this very subject. She said the key is to strength train and not to lose weight to fast. When you lose slowly your body has time to adjust and your skin can snap back or reform to your new body. Bulding muscle with strength training is very important you give your body the muscle tone to form to. I hope that makes sense. Alot of people are afraid of strength training don't be you are not bulking up you are just toning up your muscles and this can be done with lifting light weights. I hope this helped!!
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    I talked to the trainer at our gym about this very subject. She said the key is to strength train and not to lose weight to fast. When you lose slowly your body has time to adjust and your skin can snap back or reform to your new body. Bulding muscle with strength training is very important you give your body the muscle tone to form to. I hope that makes sense. Alot of people are afraid of strength training don't be you are not bulking up you are just toning up your muscles and this can be done with lifting light weights. I hope this helped!!

Yes, it really does help! thank u !!