250 lbs 5'1

Options
Hey,
im currently a stay at home mom i have a 1 year old and a 3 month old and im trying to finish losing my weight but i notice its hard this time because i stay in the house like 90% right now while my 3 month old so young. im looking for a accountability partner or friends or watever. i was good the first week lost 6 lbs and basically just stop and been maintaining for 3 weeks i feel like im wasting time in this unhealthy body.

Replies

• tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    really , bump!
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. MFP is a super tool and I hope it is as helpful to you as it has been to me. I'm on the other end of things - my last two children left home for college this year. But I'm short, too, :) and have struggled with my weight most of my life. Feel free to friend me!
  • PrincessRina112
    PrincessRina112 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Tasha! I just sent you an add. I'm very close to you in weight and height. I started out last year at 267 and got down to 224.. Then I started working full time and just started not paying attention. I weighed myself just last week and realized I gained 20 pounds back and decided I'm better than that! So here I am! Feel free to accept my request and let's do this!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amanda and I am also 5'1-ish. I started at 220 lbs and I'm currently around 157 lbs. Here is one of my favorite threads for new people: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I have a bad habit of over complicating things but this can be easier than it seems in the beginning. You can add me if you'd like, just include a message with your request! I'm a college student, so I'm not always on and I tend to post about school more than weight loss but I do have a few good threads handy at any point!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Btw, it's normal to lose a lot in the beginning and then even off to 1-2 lbs per week. When you first start, you're losing a lot of water weight, so don't let that get you down. 1-2 lbs per week is fairly normal depending on your weight. Since you said you're 250, 2 lbs per week would be a healthy goal until you get closer to your goal weight.
  • DLMitch22
    DLMitch22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello ... I too am a mother of 2 .... I was weighing 256.6 ... That was my final straw I had to lose some weight... I'm down to 227 but still have more to go... Add me and we can motivate each other... It's hard to workout with children especially if they are young like mines which is why I did most of my workouts at home.. Luckily I found a gym with childcare and so the kids be just excited to go to the gym as me....
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Im a little taller 5'6. I have 3 older kids. I put on over 80lbs from stress and life kind of sucking. It all came on in about 2 years. Ive lost 16 pounds recently but it took quite a while for the weight to budge. My body hurt and I felt like i didnt have time. As the weight has come off and my body stopped hurting so much I haveso much more energy which gave me more time. You can do this!!!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :]
    Don't worry about staying in the house - exercise isn't actually necessary for weight loss! Just focus on keeping your calories logged and you'll be absolutely fine. Best of luck & stay strong.