Whatever It Takes

Options
Could not remember to drink enough water (believe me - I've got more plastic water bottles than Costco), so... Put up a wipe off board by the sink, drew a water glass on it, and, yep, you guessed it - I have to refill the glass every day by drinking at least eight glasses..... Kind of like those United Way thermometers.

Struggling to take my vitamins... Yep. Big note to self in my medicine cabinet - so when I shave every morning, I see a sign and say, 'duh, maybe I should take my vitamins!'

My running shoes? On top of the washing machine so I can't walk out the door (or in) without seeing them and saying, 'hmm, did I exercise today?'

Anyway, my point is this: do whatever it takes for you :flowerforyou: to get the motivation, reminders and tips you need to keep going day after day. (I can be excused for writing notes to myself - I am an old man!) Whatever it takes is what you need to do; just make it work for you and good luck! :wink: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Could not remember to drink enough water (believe me - I've got more plastic water bottles than Costco), so... Put up a wipe off board by the sink, drew a water glass on it, and, yep, you guessed it - I have to refill the glass every day by drinking at least eight glasses..... Kind of like those United Way thermometers.

Struggling to take my vitamins... Yep. Big note to self in my medicine cabinet - so when I shave every morning, I see a sign and say, 'duh, maybe I should take my vitamins!'

My running shoes? On top of the washing machine so I can't walk out the door (or in) without seeing them and saying, 'hmm, did I exercise today?'

Anyway, my point is this: do whatever it takes for you :flowerforyou: to get the motivation, reminders and tips you need to keep going day after day. (I can be excused for writing notes to myself - I am an old man!) Whatever it takes is what you need to do; just make it work for you and good luck! :wink: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I totally agree! I do not follow the "model" diet plans...but I have figured out what works for ME!
    Keep up the great work, everyone! Best to all, Robin
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Excellent, Mr. Happy! :drinker:

I keep all my notes/reminders by my glasses. Ain't going nowhere without them! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: good stuff as always Mr. Happy!:drinker:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mr Happy! :flowerforyou:

I sticky note everything. I also post pictures of myself in my bathing suit at various places around the house. Trust me, seeing your own wiggly body in a bathing suit on your fridge or in front of your treadmill = big modivator / appetite killer. :laugh: :blushing:
  • mrhappy
    Options
    Excellent, Mr. Happy! :drinker:

I keep all my notes/reminders by my glasses. Ain't going nowhere without them! :laugh:

Hey, whatever works for us, right? You go girl! :drinker: :wink: :laugh:
  • mrhappy
    Options
    Thank you Mr Happy! flowerforyou

I sticky note everything. I also post pictures of myself in my bathing suit at various places around the house. Trust me, seeing your own wiggly body in a bathing suit on your fridge or in front of your treadmill = big modivator / appetite killer. laugh blushing

You are strong! What a motivator! Go!:smile::wink: :glasses:
  • mrhappy
    Options
    Thank you Mr Happy! :flowerforyou:

I sticky note everything. I also post pictures of myself in my bathing suit at various places around the house. Trust me, seeing your own wiggly body in a bathing suit on your fridge or in front of your treadmill = big modivator / appetite killer. :laugh: :blushing:

You are strong! What a motivator! Go for it!!! :smile: :wink: :glasses:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I try to remeber to take my thyroid pill every morning but I sometimes forget so I have my kids tellin me mom u take ur meds today and I also put them above the sink so I see them when I do the dishes and take it if I didnt remember to take it..Dont worry my kids cant reach them and thats the only pill I keep at my eye level..lol I'm only 4'11:laugh: :laugh: I'm one of the umpaloopas* u know from charlie n the chocolate factory...lol Maybe I should print out a few of them and put them through out the house then it will remind me not to eat lol..I'm so mean to myslef....

img
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I try to remeber to take my thyroid pill every morning but I sometimes forget so I have my kids tellin me mom u take ur meds today and I also put them above the sink so I see them when I do the dishes and take it if I didnt remember to take it..Dont worry my kids cant reach them and thats the only pill I keep at my eye level..lol I'm only 4'11:laugh: :laugh: I'm one of the umpaloopas* u know from charlie n the chocolate factory...lol Maybe I should print out a few of them and put them through out the house then it will remind me not to eat lol..I'm so mean to myslef....

oompa_loompa.jpg
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Love reading your posts mrhappy:flowerforyou: Whatever it takes, thats my motto:heart:

~Roni