Biotin 1000

Options
Has anyone ever heard of the biotin vitamin and do you know any benefits or side effects? I heard it is good for skin hair nails

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of the biotin vitamin and do you know any benefits or side effects? I heard it is good for skin hair nails

I've been trying fo rmnths and haven't noticed a change :(
    hair is much thinner than years ago...
  • xxMsComptonxx
    Options
    I am taking it now. No side effects for me. I am trying to have long hair so i was told it helps. Only been taking it for about 3 weeks now so i dont know if it really does help yet or not.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Ive been using it for almost a yr, thats what they say anyways hair is what I buy it for, mine is very very thin, Im not sure if its the Biotin or my $100 shampoo Im using that works better lol
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i have used it as well...and it has worked...but my hair started thinning in my 40s....just make sure you are taking the correct amount .....my are strong also
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    what amount /dose do you take? I have got biotin 100mcg. So your haur didnt start thininng due to biotin. The biotin helped?
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Biotin has helped a lot of people's hair grow thicker and fuller. A lot of people also reported acne related to it. When I took it, I did have some bad acne. Although, it could have been related to switching birth control. But I stopped taking it because I never noticed any real difference in my hair/nail growth. The only thing that helped my hair was taking a multivitamin.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I take 1000mg of Biotin a day. It won't help your hair grow longer or thicker, but it's supposed to make your hair, skin, and nails healthier. I've noticed the biggest difference in my nails...they're stronger and whiter than before.

I'm not sure what your goal is by taking it, but if you'd really like to improve the health of your hair, switch to a protein shampoo (I use Label M - you can only get it at a salon, but it is the best shampoo I've ever used), you will notice a huge difference!