Struggling with weightloss

Options
i have been working out a year and have only lost 8 lbs . U can really tell ive lost weigh but when i try on my clothes there is no difference makes me think something is not right ???
Hmm :(

Replies

• scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Then have you gained lean tissue also? Have you used measurements to track? Have all your lifts gone up in the gym?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    To lose 44 lbs you probably need to focus more on what you're eating. Diary is closed. How many calories a day of food do you average ?
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Exercise alone won't usually reduce much, as you're finding out. In my own case, the issue was around my portion size. Goodness but when I truly started dieting, I was amazed to see how little food was recommended! I'd been eating quite a lot more.

Now, the portion size seems much more normal to me. It has taught me that, really, a 63-year old doesn't need two helpings of mashed potatoes, no matter how good they taste! lol

Focus on the diet part. You'll find success, too, I bet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit. Exercise is for health and to help that deficit. Are you in a deficit?
  • Tapatia1990
    Tapatia1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What does that mean?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    What does that mean?

It means are you eating less than you burn? Can you open your diary and provide your stats?
  • Tapatia1990
    Options
    Ok everybody thank you so much i acually was not eating enough food . But now i have a meal plan so im eating 5-6 times aday to keep me filled , ive been on this meal plan for 2 weeks now havent lost anything yet . But Going to kepp pushing because i know it takes time . :)
    But yes my eating is healthy and i have a cheat day
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Ok everybody thank you so much i acually was not eating enough food . But now i have a meal plan so im eating 5-6 times aday to keep me filled , ive been on this meal plan for 2 weeks now havent lost anything yet . But Going to kepp pushing because i know it takes time . :)
    But yes my eating is healthy and i have a cheat day

Eating more will not help you to lose. Being in a deficit, (eating less than you burn will).
  • Tapatia1990
    Options
    Ok thank you i will keep that in mind
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit.

Are you using a food scale to be as accurate as possible.

Please explain why you feel eating 5-6 meals per day will aide in weight loss ?

Meal timing doesn't really matter. It comes down to your calories .
  • stefani38
    stefani38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem with not eating enough calories. My trainer says I need to eat more calories and so does this app. Workout, eat enough food so that you can burn those calories. The body will not lose weight if you are not eating enough calories. I have to eat 1500 a day and that is hard for me to do. Good luck!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you work out you must fuel you're body, like your car no fuel no go very far, it shuts down
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    stefani38 wrote: »
    The body will not lose weight if you are not eating enough calories.

Yes it will. That's why people get really thin before they starve to death. If you are not losing weight, it's not because you are undereating.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for 9 months to lose weight. I haven't lost any, but I. haven't gained any either. I count calories, but I am not making a dent. I'm over 40 and don't know what else to do. :neutral:
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello 9thwardchick...what worked for me was types of food, portions, sugars, sodium, and the times that i ate these foods. I never eat after 6pm daily. And there are many things that I JUST DON'T TOUCH!, like, well you know, pastas, mayo, salt, candy and so on. I have found that each person needs to find their own SPOT so to speak. No one size fits all here. This is a life time jurney, with its ups and downs, and believe me, i have had my ups and downs. I truly hope that helps...
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Please don't arbitrarily cut out whole categories of food that you enjoy. To lose weight, you need to eat at a calorie deficit. Plug your stats into the app and choose a sensible amount of weight to lose per week. Then eat at or slightly under that goal, and eat a variety of delicious foods that you enjoy.

Track your food intake with a counter top scale.

Add cardio to earn more calories. It IS a lift time journey, which is exactly why it should not be rushed or overly strict.
  • Tapatia1990
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    stefani38 wrote: »
    I have been having the same problem with not eating enough calories. My trainer says I need to eat more calories and so does this app. Workout, eat enough food so that you can burn those calories. The body will not lose weight if you are not eating enough calories. I have to eat 1500 a day and that is hard for me to do. Good luck!

That is ridiculous!
    Hello 9thwardchick...what worked for me was types of food, portions, sugars, sodium, and the times that i ate these foods. I never eat after 6pm daily. And there are many things that I JUST DON'T TOUCH!, like, well you know, pastas, mayo, salt, candy and so on. I have found that each person needs to find their own SPOT so to speak. No one size fits all here. This is a life time jurney, with its ups and downs, and believe me, i have had my ups and downs. I truly hope that helps...

THIS is unnecessary.

Again, OP, if you're not losing, you're not in a deficit. It means you're consuming too many calories. I would get a food scale and tighten up my logging.
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Please don't arbitrarily cut out whole categories of food that you enjoy. To lose weight, you need to eat at a calorie deficit. Plug your stats into the app and choose a sensible amount of weight to lose per week. Then eat at or slightly under that goal, and eat a variety of delicious foods that you enjoy.

Track your food intake with a counter top scale.

Add cardio to earn more calories. It IS a lift time journey, which is exactly why it should not be rushed or overly strict.

WELL SAID!!!!
  • Tapatia1990
    Options
    Ok i will do that thank you . But i feel horrible when i eat crappy foods :(
    Do u recommend more cardio?