First Time in My Life

Options
Raemama
Raemama Posts: 203 Member
I went for a run for the first in my life this morning. At first I felt conspicuous. Then I felt victorious. No one stared or called me names. Rather, it seemed people I encountered waved and smiled. It was surreal.

It's amazing to feel my body getting stronger and my mind and spirit's reflection of it. I'm becoming who I've always been, giving birth to myself, and enjoying the metamorphosis.

Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Endorphin high, I love it! It's freeing!! :)
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I haven't been able to get to this part of my journey yet. I think I'm still too heavy at this point (243.0lb)
    Keep up the good work.
  • Serendipity_Heart
    Options
    The emergence of your true self is a moment to be celebrated!! :) Congrats on your many successes!
  • Raemama
    Raemama Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I haven't been able to get to this part of my journey yet. I think I'm still too heavy at this point (243.0lb)
    Keep up the good work.
    It's been gradual for me--I've been losing weight for about three years and am just now feeling more freedom. I pray you'll be feeling it soon!
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Keep at it :smile: I started running/walking around a year ago now I do it as often as I can doing the local 5k park run every saturday morning now. It is probably the most adictive thing I've ever done
  • OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A truly empowering feeling... I'm very excited for you!! Let those feet soar! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!