Lost 100 pounds in 2 years

Options
I'm a over the road truck driver for FedEx and had gained a lot of weight while on the road, I have diabetes and it was getting out of control I needed insulin to control my sugar levels I was in danger of losing my job and had to find a way to change my life and lose weight and get control of my health. I started by examining my food intake by what, where and how much I was eating, exercise was always a challenge because I drive teams and the truck is always moving. I finally was able to get a dedicated route where I was able to get on a eating schedule. The first thing I did was build me a 1700 calories diet in small meals I could eat while driving, I brought all my from home portion out and only what I needed for that week. I started to lose my weight slowly, the more I lost the more I got motivated to lose more. I got real serious when I got a smartphone and found the Myfitnesspal app it really made it easier to track my calories and exercise and it has motivated me even more I have lost 67 pounds since March and I'm within 12 pounds of my goal of 199 pounds which I should reach in the next month. I feel much better physically and mentally each day, I have been able to get off most of my medicine, my diabetes is in control, I enjoy walking for long distances again. I have learned that to lose weight, you must have a mind set to want to change your life for the better and then make a plan, then stick to it the best you can, once you start seeing results and you start feeling better the more motivated you'll get. Remember your life is in your hands and you can change it and no one else can but you. Good luck I know you can do it as I did.

Replies

• OutdoorCamoGirl
    OutdoorCamoGirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Huge HIGH FIVE to you! Love your story. I can relate more than you think to it as I've been on the road, same as you, many years ago with my ex-husband. We owned our own truck. It is definitely tough out there, but you did it! You came up with a plan and stuck to it. From someone who understands what you had to go though and will still maintain with, GREAT JOB!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss :)
  • GoDonnaEGo
    GoDonnaEGo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! :)
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :) Thanks for the motivation!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Love your words lad :-) Very, very well done.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great advice! Your story is very motivating- congratulations!
  • Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well written. Great motivating story . thank you
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great work! Especially with a driving job. That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!