TRYING TO CHANGE

kac8
kac8 Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hi guys, im new here and want to make some changes. i have a eating disorder and im trying to change things i KNOW will harm me. ive accepted that i will always struggle, however i hope that by tracking my foods, thoughts and finding support, ill be able to save myself.
i love meeteing new people and being of support to ANYONE. im 28, married to a AWSOME guy, have a beautiful 9 year old, and my other child..is a 4 year old golden retreiver. :wink:
they are my life!!!!
so, i just wanted to say HELLO, and im hoping to get support as well as give!
:heart:

Replies

• kac8
    hi guys, im new here and want to make some changes. i have a eating disorder and im trying to change things i KNOW will harm me. ive accepted that i will always struggle, however i hope that by tracking my foods, thoughts and finding support, ill be able to save myself.
    i love meeteing new people and being of support to ANYONE. im 28, married to a AWSOME guy, have a beautiful 9 year old, and my other child..is a 4 year old golden retreiver. :wink:
    they are my life!!!!
    so, i just wanted to say HELLO, and im hoping to get support as well as give!
    :heart:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Hello and welcome :flowerforyou: This is a great site...you will learn alot. Make sure you read the posts for Newbies in the Community threads under General weightloss and diet. Good info in there. :drinker:

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    :smile: Hey kac8 - I think you've come to the right place. MFP has a number of tools you can use, and you can even track your own customized goals if you want. Plus, the vast majority of people posting here are only interested in one thing: making improvements to their health! So, they'll offer ideas, pose questions, try suggestions, and most important, provide support to others!

So; good luck to you and congratulations on taking things on head first. Remember, we cannot change what we refuse to acknowledge!

:happy: :laugh: :glasses:
  • kac8
    :happy: thank you for the welcome!!! im hoping this site will get me motivated to change for myself and familey!
  • kac8
    do you think im "in the right place"... i know that it maybe isnt for EATING DISORDERS, but i NEED support and help. i wanna change the UNHEALTHY things, yet KEEP my weight low....
    ... im NOT underweight tho, just normal. is this the right place to be or, should i find another site.
    a bit of history.... i was around 170 when things went BAD for me. ALOT happened that caused some pretty bad changes in my life. i lost weight RAPIDLY, and i developed some unhealthy ways of keeping my weight down. my GOAL here, is to keep my weight low, but learn i can do it WITHOUT the "unhealthy" things i do to myself.
    is this a place for THAT kinda support???:blushing: im currently about 108, wanna get to maybe 95-100... in a HEALTHY WAY. im only 5'1 sooooo im short
  • hello, I have an eating disorder as well.. I have been in and out for 5 + years, and every day is a challenge. I'm actually trying to be healthy as well, tracking is a decent idea...but at the same time be very careful, because seeing LISTS of food might trigger bad thoughts.

I'm here if you ever want to talk..
    I'm also looking for a friend :)
    anna
  • kac8
    thanks SO much for your REPLY! im so glad to meet someone who "gets it" i DO know what you mean by triggering BAD things. my GOAL is to track, ans SEE exactlt what i consume. i was diagnosed anorexic with purging. ive ALWAYS been weird with food, but things got BAD 5yrs ago, and REALLY hit the fan a year and a half ago.

im ALWAYS here for you. id LOVE to be your friend and support you :heart: kelly
This discussion has been closed.