New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello Everyone! I started MFP yesterday and I am very impressed!! I tried the Sparkpeople site but I just wasn't able to maneuver very well through each section. With MFP I can log on at work, home and even with my cell phone, with no trouble. What an amazing feeling... and having the motivation from others is a blessing~ =- D (MDaytime) :happy:

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will love the site! it is so great to have a community of folks focused on getting healthy or staying healthy. I have learned a great deal and have gotten tremendous support. Enjoy!:flowerforyou:
  • Poniesarepretty
    Poniesarepretty Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined too and I am really liking it so far. Everyone seems to be very supportive as well. Good luck to you!
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome!! I really love this site. And it helps with my munchies. Instead of food, I log on here and see what is going on with the fitness peeps. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement!
  • MelonieB
    MelonieB Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello everyone i am kinda new ive had the site for a while but never really used it . I have lapband and i have a question about adding food to my daily food. With the band im not able to eat the food portions they have so ive tried to add in my own and it wont let me . For example mashed potatoes i can only eat about a tabelspoon and it list it as a cup how do i change this its showing way over the actual amount of Cals im getting in . Would love to have more friends need all the motivation and encouragment i can muster :) Wishing each of you god speed in your goals and new self .
  • vannabana
    vannabana Posts: 10
    Options
    I tried the Sparkpeople to and found it very hard to use also and my coworker told me about MFP and so far is it easy enough to find my way through. I just started using this a few days ago and still don't know all the ins and outs but I got the gist of it and I happy. It's nice to have a forum where there is support from ppl going through some of the things I am and can help me nudge past the hard times. Welcome and I wish you success!
  • ctspurr
    ctspurr Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Morning- I am a newbie!

Really needing motivation! (and a nanny, and a cook, and a maid) lol

No seriously, I have enjoted the 2 days I have logged into the website, very user friendly, it making me very aware of my food consumption!

Looking for as many buddies as possible, we can all halp each other!

Good luck to us all!