Currently eating in a surplus.

Doing Strong Lifts 5x5

Current lifts are at this:

Squat 180lbs
BP 100lbs
Row 120lbs
OHP 75lbs
Deads 225lbs

My goals are to get my squat up to 250lbs and my Bench to 175lbs. I would like to be to these numbers by April 2016. at that point cycling season will be starting and I'll want to switch to a 2day/week weight routine and try to maintain strength rather than try to gain during cycling season. At this point I was thinking of eating at maintence. During this period would my body recomp with out progressive weight loading?

Replies

• coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    So, roughly 25 weeks. Even if you were to only add 5 pounds to your squat a week, versus every session, you would beat your goal. And perfectly doable even accounting for some stalls for someone in a surplus. Bench, again, averaging out to 5 pounds a week is going to have you beat your goal. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised to see you beat your goals.
  • scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Those goals are definitely attainable with dedication. As mentioned above, you might see yourself surpassing your goals. And, if you are new to lifting you are going to see quick increases in strength and size for the first 6 - 12 months