Where are the swimmers?

Options
Can anyone recommend a device that will track my swimming and my other gym activities?

Replies

• alterar
    alterar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm curious on this one too. I've been researching the Polar Loop 2 but haven't decided yet.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    When you find it, let me know.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    What do you mean gym activities? There are a lot of Tri athlete type watches that can track swimming, running, and cycling if you mean something like that. If you mean something outside of that then I don't know what type of device would help.
    I have a Suunto ambit 2s watch that can track everything that I need. It works for indoor swimming too. There's also TomTom and Garmin watches out there that can track swimming as well but the other gym activities, such as weight lifting or gym classes, can't be tracked with any of them.
  • Ignaziu
    Ignaziu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    swimming, a core workout, and machines (elliptical, bike). mostly tho it's the swimming. which do u prefer?
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Pen and paper?
  • Ignaziu
    Ignaziu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mr. Beer Runner, but this is not helpful. I'm really serious about trying to find a device that will give me data to keep up my motivation.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just googled Swimming heart rate monitor and got the following:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2469977,00.asp

https://www.heartmonitors.com/exercisetips/swimming_heart_rate.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/412692-the-best-waterproof-heart-rate-monitor/

Given how different the levels of intensity can be in the pool I think a heart rate monitor would be necessary.

Good luck.
  • balguy
    balguy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im looking for help with same. I see there are hr monitors for underwater that end up costing more than $350 -$600 any hr monitor for less that works swimming?
  • pembr0ke
    pembr0ke Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My Polar RCX5 heart-rate monitor works in the pool, gym, bike, running (has GPS, cadence etc). Fully waterproof and you can count laps by pushing the large red button below the watch face. Only issue is with the chest strap slipping, but I compensate by wearing a short sleeve compression top which fits tight and provides very little drag.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am currently looking into the Garmin vívoactive smart watch, it's 50M water proof and has a swimming option where it tracks your swimming. Maybe it might be good for you?

I wanted a device that tracks running and swimming as those are the two things I am trying to do.
  • alicat1974
    alicat1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Check out Misfit's new Speedo Shine, maybe? I am looking at switching to it myself away from my basic Fitbit Flex. The Speedo Shine tracks all kinds of activities including how many laps you've you've swum. It doesn't do heart rate, however. But it's well under $100 and pretty nifty looking with plenty of ways to wear it.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For some of you the Wahoo TICKR X might work. It has an internal memory so it can record your HR during a swim workout, without having to be connected to your phone.