Moms of little ones!

Options
Any one else give 100% of themselves to their babies and have kinda let themselves go in the process? I know I have! Looking for other moms to friend and help support one another.

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. I had to have a wake up with myself and realize if I don't take care of me I won't be here to spend the time with my daughter I want. Taking care and valuing yourself makes you the best Mom you can be. So I had to tell myself that it's okay to take care of Mommy too.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    vwnqldgm2rf8.jpg
  • Kippie44
    Kippie44 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol!! So damn true!! I'm lucky if my ugly sweat pants match my beat up sweat shirt!! I look like hell at parent drop off. Lol. But I really do want to get myself back. For my kids. For my husband. But most of all for me!!
  • Jdmohlke
    Jdmohlke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on this journey for my kids as well! I feel guilty at times when I have to have someone else watch them when I go work out. But I got to keep going! 36lbs down since march!
  • Kippie44
    Kippie44 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Good for you Jdmohlke!!! I feel bad as well when my husband works all day and then I ask to leave to go work out (which hasnt happened in a LONG time) Especially when the kids are at the door crying mommy dont leave!!! lol
  • Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I have an almost 6 month old daughter and I finally came to the realization that I need to start taking care of myself! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • jamie_0815
    jamie_0815 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same page. I have a 2 year old and I want to teach and show her how to live a healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have a 7, 2 and 1 year old. I work 50-60 hours a week. So when I'm off work I want to see my babies!!
  • soulraver
    soulraver Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! this year I've really tried to make an effort with myself but i still would like to lose 10 kilos and buying clothes for that in between stage seems really hard!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    join the YMCA in your area. good for you. free baby sitting.

My Y only offers babysitting at a very specific time around suppertime (which doesn't work with my schedule) on certain days and you need to have a family membership for it to be "free". Otherwise it's $15 a day.
  • bluejennn
    bluejennn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me until I started eating healthier and working out a few months ago. I want to be able to set a positive example for my kiddos.
  • bluejennn
    bluejennn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kippie44 wrote: »
    Yay!!! Good for you Jdmohlke!!! I feel bad as well when my husband works all day and then I ask to leave to go work out (which hasnt happened in a LONG time) Especially when the kids are at the door crying mommy dont leave!!! lol

I know how this goes. Sometimes I go to the gym after they're in bed, which isn't really ideal either, not getting home til around 10 and then having to be up the next morning again at 5
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm focusing on eating right. Exercise will happen in a little while, one day!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes! Devote all my life and time to my nearly 10 month old (and don't begrudge him a moment) but I need to find some time for myself and my health and exercise. Time is not my only issue, finding the motivation is also something I'm struggling with right now. But that will change - the motivation is being a healthy, long living role model for my little boy :)