question for the ladies...

Options
Hello Everyone, Happy Wednesday! I just have a quick question for the ladies out here! When you are approaching your monthly visitor do you still weigh yourself? I'm suppose to weigh in tomorrow for my second weigh in but I know i'm expecting my montly friend between now and the weekend (which i'm assuming now is when i will have the water gain) I don't want to get to disappointed on the scale on my second week, but I don't want to not know either! LOL
So my question is do you weigh yourself every week no matter what? And if you do, do you record the weight gain on here knowing it is from your monthly water gain?

Replies

• morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every Wednesday...no matter what.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    If I want to weigh then I do, it is entirely up to you. Best of wishes!!! :)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I do weigh regularly . . .it is all about the trend. You can choose to record it or not, but I like getting to know what is normal for that time, and get used to the trend. Weight is such a fluctuating value, and learning the trend is what will help you.
  • azucenatamez
    Options
    I do, but I am not surprised when I see I gained a few pounds, it's just water! it will all go away in a couples of days :)
    Plus my weight fluctuates so much, is almost two pounds if I weight in the evenings vs the mornings, so I actually average the weight of the last three days to compare it to my original weight, if I could sustain it for a few days, then I know I lost it, if not, then I just keep trying harder!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I do weigh, but if I am up I don't record. You'd be surprised though. Working out makes you sweat so much you don't retain water as badly. Eating the right foods help too! Good luck!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do weigh every week, being aware that it's TOM weight and not because I've been eating poorly means I don't get concerned if there's a gain.
  • Fitness40
    Fitness40 Posts: 3
    Options
    Like you, I too am at that time of the month. I stepped on the scale this morning and I lost 1.2 pounds; I say weigh yourself anyway.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I do weigh every week. if it is a slight increase, I don't add it, but if it is over a half a pound, I do. I have fallen into a monthly pattern, though. Two weeks of good loss, two weeks of modest or no loss (or slight gain). Knowing that pattern helps me not to stress about it when it happens. it also helps me be more diligent on those weeks I would normally not lose.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes I weigh myself because I continue to eat right and exercise so the past few months I have actually had a loss during my visitors, however if you have a gain or maintain and you feel its because of visitor I wouldnt log it or even worry about it like its a gain just wait a few days after, increase water intake during that time and watch your sodium even more (which is hard because you tend to crave or at least I do, junk food while your on it)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself to see where Im at but I usually dont record it cause Im bloated and can have a gain for that week so I wait til next weigh in. Its all up to you :smile:
  • onlinebs
    onlinebs Posts: 15
    Options
    I weight every day, and the news isn't always good. But, you have to have bad days as well as good, right? One day I had was expecting a nice drop because I had done so well, but gained instead! I pouted, I recorded my weight, I pouted some more. It turns out, it was water weight because I had a bunch of salty food a couple of days before. The next morning I was back on track. Yes, your visitor will show some gains - but be assured the bonus pounds will expire, and you'll get a nice treat on the scale, too!

I don't recommend many people weigh every day like I do, but a good weekly or bi-weekly routine is great. If you are feeling discouraged and expecting not so great results, skip a weigh-in. Go walk for 20 minutes instead! You will still have done a good thing, and there will be other weigh-ins down the road.
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    When TOM comes to see me I gain up to 8lbs..:sad: 1st time I saw that I was bummed bad....When TOM left the 8lbs went away too.:wink:
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I weight every wenesday as well just don't be shocked to see a few lbs gained it will disaper as quickly as it came :)
  • luna88
    luna88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your replies! I think I will weigh myself tomorrow and just not be so discouraged if it is a gain. It's so hard not to get down when the scale goes up, but this is a lifestyle change and there are going to be lots of ups and downs i'm sure along the way. Thanks everyone and have a great day! :)
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    my water retention can make me gain up to 4lbs, it usually goes a day or so later, if you weight and your up wait a couple of days and check again to see if it was a real gain or just water ;)
  • issabishie
    issabishie Posts: 28
    Options
    thats a great attitude to have luna, common sense dictates that there will be ups and downs and not every week will be a blinding success.
    I gained 1lb last week and was a little fed up because I've been losing a steady 3lb a week for weeks, but what can you do, it's one of those things. I knew I hadn't eaten well for a couple of days and had been unable to exercise, so that was that, can't be changed.
    I weigh myself every saturday no matter what, even when, like last saturday, I knew it wasn't going to be great.
    Keep up the good work and try not to be too disheartened when you hit a bad week :)
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself no matter what. If I know its close to that time, I take that into account.
  • GARider
    GARider Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also weigh everyday, knowing that I'm going to have weight fluctuations, but it helps keep me in line. Up to a week before the 'ol hag shows up my weight can go up 5 or more pounds and I just have to keep telling myself that I'm doing the right things and it will come back off a few days after Aunt Flo leaves the house. :smile:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i weigh my self during those times too. like every one said its still good to know how much you fluctuate.
    another thing i've done this week was to prepare for the cravings. i got some not completely low fat and healthy, but quite tasty treats to assist with those cravings that come. That way when they hit I have the stuff available and I know with the right portions it won't throw off my efforts. However, I've discovered that it seems the more I work out the less the cravings are.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    When I did have aTOM, I weighed once a month, after my TOM was over. More accurate that way. Now I don't use a scale at all. It makes me crazy.....I think my scale is evil.....I go by inches and what size jeans I'm in, (the way my clothes fit).