What does your 1500 calorie diet consist of?

Options
Hey all. I was wondering what everyone else's 1500 calorie a day diet consists of /looks like. Need some meal ideas. Low carb diet's are a plus!! :-)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    1500 for male? It is probably not necessary for you, considering I'm a 5'4" 128 lb woman and can lose on 1500 with no cardio.

Anyway, no breakfast or low calorie for me. But I get at least 20 g. of protein to start, either with powder in my coffee or a protein bar.
    Salad with protein for lunch, mid afternoon snack around 200 calories
    500 calorie dinner, 400 calories after dinner.

I eat whatever fits into that and shoot for .8g per lb body weight for protein, .35g for fat, rest in carbs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" woman eating roughly 1500 per day, give or take 500.... Lately it is a give. Lol

I eat LCHF ketogenic diet. You are welcome to look at my diary. I've been slack filling it in lately, but August and September were consistent.
  • Chrisbande
    Chrisbande Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    Feel free to view my diary to see what I do.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Chrisbande wrote: »
    Feel free to view my diary to see what I do.

It's closed. What are your stats, by the way?
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    Whoop's sorry. My dairy should be viewable now
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    5,10/sw:319, cw273ish,1500kcal, low carb , 50 day streak
  • arditarose
    Options

You're eating less than 1200 calories. What's wrong? Why are you doing that?
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    I can't seem to eat any more I literally weight out everything and have that diet down to a T
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    I somewhat leave that number open ended to compensate for the food scale being off slightly
  • arditarose
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I can't seem to eat any more I literally weight out everything and have that diet down to a T

You can eat more. You obviously did at one point.

Let me put this into perspective for you. My diary is closed because I am cutting in order to start a bulk, and I have some low days. Low being 1200 calories for a 5 foot 4, FEMALE WEIGHING 128 lbs. I watch my intake very carefully (and adjust/eat more accordingly) because at 1200 calories, it is difficult to get all of your macro and micro-nutrient needs met. And that is for someone who weighs 140 lbs less than you.
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    I wish it showed my Marcos so you could see in depth
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

You're eating less than 1200 calories. What's wrong? Why are you doing that?

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you are logging accurately, you are eating way too little. You are going to lose a lot of muscle and probably cause some serious health issues. Try adding in small portions of more calorie dense food.

I am twice your age and half your size and I eat more than you daily. Please take good care of yourself! You can lose the weight without starving your body.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I can see your macros. You are constantly getting only around 20g of fat. So you're under calories and I see you like cottage cheese. Don't eat such low fat cottage cheese. And have a little more.
  • Chrisbande
    Options
    I was thinking about bumping up to partial fat cottage cheese. I just don't know sometime how to fill in my proteins without going over my Cal's
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to friends if you wanna see my daily meals. Feelnfree to shoot a FR
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    Options
    I was thinking about bumping up to partial fat cottage cheese. I just don't know sometime how to fill in my proteins without going over my Cal's

Please listen to what people Are telling you! You don't need to avoid fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Eating too much does.

You are not using the MFP tool to its full potential. 1200 calories is not adequate fuel for a guy your age and size.

The goal here is to eat as much as you can whilst still losing weight. It's not a race or a starvation course.

Saying you can't eat more than 1200 calories? Yes you can. You wouldn't have put weight on if you couldn't. Choose more calorific foods. Stop having low fat diet stuff. It's so not necessary.

I am a 5ft2 female. I currently weigh 9st9 and I still lose weight on 1500 calories a day. So why on earth are you eating so little? You'll be losing lean mass which you sorely don't need to be losing.

Weight loss is a long term goal. Not a quick fix so please please listen and fuel your body correctly before you do damage.
  • carolinauba
    carolinauba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starvation will make your metabolism so sow and believe me it is very hard to turn up it back.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little? Bump it up! I'm heaps smaller than you and eat more than that. Try eggs instead of eggwhites, more chicken, skip the fat free stuff and eat full fat dairy. Don't be scared of fat, it won't make you fat. For protein - greek yoghurt, jerky, whey protein, meat, cheese and plenty more suggestions here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-list-40-high-protein-foods.html