running shoes

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
how old can your running shoes be? my fav ones are atleast 4 years old.(love love love my addidas)...hubby bought me new ones BUT i get blisters....they are nice shoes but i can't stand wearing them....they are nike frees.

Is there anything I can do to make them more comfortable?/less blistering?! lol

Replies

• w_sanford
    w_sanford Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Around 400 miles for most shoes...depends on how much you run, but your old ones should probably retire! :)
  • w_sanford
    w_sanford Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Around 400 miles for most shoes...depends on how much you run, but your old ones should probably retire! :)
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My last ones were 7 years old, but I also wore them only when working out - which wasn't often for a majority of the years. But I just got the exact same ones, but updated (see profile pic) and ADORE them.

For blisters, get wicking socks and make sure your feet are secure in the shoe, not too much wiggle room. Also, wear them around the house and what-not to simply wear them in. If they're still bad, I would actually recommend getting new ones. It might be pricey, but your feet will be very grateful.
  • Msaip
    Options

I think at most I ran maybe 25 miles total in them. They are just older cause I gave up life for a stupid ex lol. I was never an avid runner but I hear it's a great way to escape and get alone time lol
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    it may be your socks, and not your shoes. make sure you are not wearing cotton socks. they will give you blisters everytime!!!!! and not all brands of shoes are for everyone. I suggest going to a good running store and let them fit you for shoes.
  • Msaip
    Options
    it may be your socks, and not your shoes. make sure you are not wearing cotton socks. they will give you blisters everytime!!!!! and not all brands of shoes are for everyone. I suggest going to a good running store and let them fit you for shoes.

He got the socks and shoes at sports authority....they said the socks are for running....? I dont know I wear those same sock with my other shoes and they do fine
  • spinx212
    spinx212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great advice about the blisters, i will try the socks!