10 Weeks To Christmas - Just Starting

Options
So like most on here it seems I yo yo diet and yo yo exercise.

I currently weight 14 Stone (UK) varying 2-4 lb either side of this.

Ideally I would love to be 12 Stone 5lb by Christmas, mainly because I know I am going to put on at least 5lb over Christmas so if I could start at 12 Stone 10lb in Jan that would be a good starting point.

But is it realistic to be looking to lose 23lb in 10 weeks? If not what is a more realistic goal?

My biggest vice is the amount of alcohol I drink. It is never beer - just wine and spirits but I know that contributes a fair bit. So is the below a sensible plan:

Breakfast (7-9am) - a banana or granola yoghurt.

Lunch (12-1.30pm) - soup, lettuce, grated carrot, cous cous, ryvita, houmous and philidelphia.

Dinner (Mon-Thurs) (6-7pm) - some form of "count on us" or calories controlled meal.

Snack (9pm) - Nectarine and mint tea

And if I aimed to go to the gym 3-4 tomes a week for 40 minutes just doing cardio stuff?

Replies

• Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    10 weeks is a worry! I and get your worries. All I would say is - could you stick to that for a solid 10 weeks? I'm in the same position, although heavier, and my plan is to change my food up so its not the same thing day in and day out, eat lots of veg, I struggle to eat salad in the winter months (it just doesn't feel right)! As for exercise, I would suggest more high intensity stuff and not rely solely on cardio.

I would also say watch your calories and if you are in a deficit each day then you will lose weight

Good luck on reaching your goal weight!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Have you determined why you've done the yoyo thing? I'm betting that you only exercise and eat these type of foods when you're trying to lose weight. Why is this go round going to be any different? How about you just eat less of what ever foods you were eating before and only do whatever exercise you did before the diet. I'm not saying exercise is bad but if you're going to stop it down the road what's the point? Only make those changes you know you can stick to forever.
  • Sugar_Cloud
    Sugar_Cloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think to avoid ending up back here 10 weeks form next Xmas you are better off making a lifestyle change. Wanting to lose weight because you expect to gain weight over Christmas seems like a very short term goal which isn't based on health. Please don't get me wrong I would kill to reach my goal super fast, but I know it is not realistic and will only come back with a vengeance.

Personally I would not be able to sustain myself on the menu you've mentioned, physically or mentally and come Christmas day I would eat everything in sight. Not to mention when you increase your exercise levels you also tend to get more hungry, or at least I do!

If I were you I would aim to eat lots of healthy foods til Christmas, enjoy Christmas and then look at making some long term changes that will help you reach your goal while still enjoying food :)

All the best!!!!
  • sansandy409
    sansandy409 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    23lbs in 10weeks..not a healthy choice...if you are too desperate u can stick to your diet otherwise it might be difficult for such a long time...instead try reducing 500 cal from ur regular cal intake along with burning 500 cal exercising per day....you can burn up to 15-18 lbs approx..consistency is the key to success. ..good luck. .
  • Btboland19
    Btboland19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck hope you get there xxx