Purple Challenge!!!

Options
Ok this one may be easy for some n hard for others but I challenge everyone to stop eating2 hours before you go to bed. If you must eat something before bed eat a few grapes or an apple, something low in cals. Ive heard its supposed to help weightloss to not have anything heavy in your stomach when you go to sleep

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    Ok this one may be easy for some n hard for others but I challenge everyone to stop eating2 hours before you go to bed. If you must eat something before bed eat a few grapes or an apple, something low in cals. Ive heard its supposed to help weightloss to not have anything heavy in your stomach when you go to sleep
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Oprah used to swear by not eating after 7. I am going to find this one hard because that's when I'm hungry. Last night I knew we had the weigh in and I just chewed a piece of gum and drank a glass of water. I'm gonna work on at least not eating after 8.
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Count me in!! I actually did this last night. I made sure that I ate before 7pm...however, I was tempted:grumble: My brother wouldn't let me eat anything though so I never really made it to the kitchen. Which was a good thing for me because I wanted some salty Lays potato chips:noway:

12769.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    This one will be easy for me, I have my evening meal at around 6pm, and then usually only drink water from then on in :drinker:
    Unless I have had a particularly stressful day, then it's anyones business :blushing:
  • tamonthego
    Options
    I'm in....this is also one of my challenges. We've been trying to eat our dinner no later than 7 pm. But I too have cravings sometimes. I've tried your suggestion of eating an apple or drinking water and that does seem to help or address the craving. Last night I did have a fat free choc pudding...ooops::) I did stay within my calories and didn't go over so I guess what was the positive.
    Thanks for the challenge.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Consider it done! :bigsmile:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm actually already doing this as part of the New No Late Night Snacks challenge. Brushing teeth after dinner helps. So, does wearing teeth whitening strips. Can't eat with those in!
    Zaza
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea. I am in too. Although on most days I have sorta worked around that....nothing after 7pm. Last night was exceptionally hard though. I scoffed myself and even went over my calories for the day. Its my weigh in day and I thought for all that hard work.....a hot cross bun, but didn't stop at one!!! had to have 2!!! wished I'd log on MFP instead to get my fingers off them.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I'm in. I'm actually already doing this as part of the New No Late Night Snacks challenge. Brushing teeth after dinner helps. So, does wearing teeth whitening strips. Can't eat with those in!
    Zaza

I love that idea, I'm obsessed with having white teeth, so wearing white strips after dinner will help me resist eating and keep my pearly whites white! lol Thanks for the idea!
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I'm in on this. I will just brush my teeth after dinner. I always want to eat after my bowflex workout. I'm proud to say I didn't last night!1 Woo Hoo!!
  • rmcotter777
    rmcotter777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yeah im on board. i sleep better when i do that too!! good challenge

becky
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    im in!!!
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i am in too...i am awful for eating late due to late shifts!!!!

all hail purples xxx
  • Rpinson
    Options
    Im in.....though this one really is easy....and it works really well.....I try to get my dinner done and all by or before 6:30...
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the challenge
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I need to make this a permanent habit, however. I don't eat anything worthwhile after dinner. I just love popcorn sooo much!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I stopped eaqting at 6:10pm last night :flowerforyou:
    How did everyone else get on?
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I ate late last night. Came home from work wore out and took forever to figure out what i wanted for supper. I don't get home from work until 7:30-8:30 pm depending on who picked up our daughter from daycare so it makes it hard. Guess I will have to try to eat lighter if its that late!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I ate late last night. Came home from work wore out and took forever to figure out what i wanted for supper. I don't get home from work until 7:30-8:30 pm depending on who picked up our daughter from daycare so it makes it hard. Guess I will have to try to eat lighter if its that late!

Ouch, that makes it hard for you hun, I do sympathise with you.
    But hey, you got like 6 days off so you can spend time with your lil girl AND keep away from the fridge after 7pm :wink:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yea I am gonna have to do that! I am so used to eating late though. that makes it really hard!