40 AND TIRED OF BEING HEAVY

Options
IM 40 AND TIRED OF BEING HEAVY. IM TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE AROUND THE WAY I USE TO.....

Replies

• ortiz1971
    ortiz1971 Posts: 3
    Options
    MY NAME IS FRANK AND IM FROM NYC..IM 40 AND FATHER OF 2 GIRLS. I WANT TO GET SLIMMER TO LIVE THE LIFE IM SUPPOSE TO.....
  • jenlikesfood
    Options
    I know how you feel and that's why I'm here, too! I want to be able to walk up the stairs in my house without being winded and run around outside with my kids without having to sit down after 5 minutes to catch my breath. Good luck to you!
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello Frank

welcome to MFP you have come to the right place lots of awesome people here who will inspire and motivate you
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    MY NAME IS FRANK AND IM FROM NYC..IM 40 AND FATHER OF 2 GIRLS. I WANT TO GET SLIMMER TO LIVE THE LIFE IM SUPPOSE TO.....
    I 've been there.The hardest step is to start it . We are here to support you!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My goal was to be 40 and Fine at the beginning of Jan 2010 and I turned 40 in August of 2010. I didn't make it. So now I'm almost 41 and I'm on my way!!!!!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank! MFP is a great first step! Just logging your food intake will be extremely helpful in making big changes in your lifestyle.
    I'm almost 39 now, mother of a 2 1/2 year old... and over the last year I've lost 36 lbs. I can tell you that it makes a HUGE difference in your energy level when you drop some weight. Take it day by day, making small changes as you go. It wont seem so overwhelming if you take this slow and look at this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. And you will be setting a wonderful example for you children for them to see daddy being active and eating healthy foods! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank...welcome to the site. Sounds like you're ready for a change. Now's the time to do it and you have some great reasons for it! I turned 40 in March and last Summer I decided to make a change for the better. I was out of breath walking up the 2 flights of stairs at work and frustrated with always feeling tired and irritable. I never imagined how out of shape I was until I walked around the block on my first day of exercise. I was out of breath and struggling to keep up with my husbands relaxed stride. I was so angry at myself for letting things go that way. I decided I had to do this...A couple of weeks later I signed up on this site and the eating and exercising went hand in hand.
    The people have been so supportive and cheered me on along the way. The main thing is to make small goals and take it day by day. You will be successful and so happy when you see the changes in your body. It's amazing how your body will change and adapt when you push it in the right direction.

Best of luck to you...
    Carrie
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Joining us is a good step. The support and advice we get & give here is based years of experience. I know personally I've lost over a hundred pounds throughout the years and still am overweight approaching 40. That is about to change and the reason I am here. Good luck with your journey.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Oops...I thought this was like AA and we were to introduce ourselves. Here it is..."Hi Frank! Glad you joined and I'm rooting for you!"
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oops...I thought this was like AA and we were to introduce ourselves. Here it is..."Hi Frank! Glad you joined and I'm rooting for you!"

Hummzz - LOL! That works too! Good luck to you as well! Better late than never! :wink:
  • DawnyB1210
    DawnyB1210 Posts: 55
    Options
    I turned 40 in December and know how you feel. I was overweight and tired all the time. My body felt sore and stiff and it hurt to get out of bed in the morning. Since I started eating better and became more active, I feel so much better. I actually look forward to getting out and moving! This is the best first step you can take. You will see in just a few week's time that you will feel better and when you start to see the changes in how your clothes fit, it is very self-motivating. Welcome and good luck!
  • minita
    minita Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank, I´m 41 and mother of a girl, first step is willing, you need tools, and MFP is a great one, feel free to add me as a friend, and you´ll discover that all people around here are just amazing and willing to help each other. Good decision, you´ll make it happen.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.

I'm 40 as well and this site has literally changed my life. Anything you set your mind to is possible.
  • ChefSaucier
    Options
    Welcome Friend! I am in same boat. Now almost 42 after swearing I wouldnt be this heavy @ 40! That 4-0 starts to put it in perspective. Best of luck to you all! I applaud everyone here!