~*Far from new*~

Options
godroxmysox
godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
So....I've been here since February or so & I've come a very long way, but I have never introduced myself. So, here it goes...

My name is Ashley. I am 23 years old and married my best friend [Jason] in September 2009. Jason and I have a house in West Michgan. We have a dog [Mya] and 3 cats [The Floyd, Sasha & Charlee]. I have a pretty lame job doing reception/accounts payable for an electrical supply company. 3-4 times a month, I volunteer at a no-kill cat rescue [Crash's Landing] and LOVE it!

I gained a little weight (maybe 10-15lbs) after high school, but I really started packing on the pounds at the end of 2009-beginning of 2010. I was incredibly depressed! My dad was very ill and my parents were in the middle of a divorce. When he passed in September 2010, I put on another 40+ lbs. My eating habits were terrible! One day I would eat so much I couldn't move and the next, I would have so much nausea that I would hardly eat anything. I still think about him every day, but I have learned to not turn to food for comfort.

My wedding dress was a 14 and I barely squeezed into it. 1-1/2 years later, I was lucky to fit into a 20. At my largest, I was 199.8 lbs! Currently at 158.2, I am finally starting to feel better about myself.

I knew I was very heavy and needed to do something about it, but did not want to give up fast food. When I saw the scale border 200 lbs (199.8), I made the decision to get healthy. Still, I was not serious about it.

On December 17, 2010, my little sister got engaged and that was my breaking point. I did not want to be the largest person in the wedding party (although I still will be because everyone else is tiny, lol).

Who wants flabby arms in a bridesmaid dress? NOT ME!

I am always open to new friendships, however, if you friend me, please include a message or I will likely decline. I will also probably decline if you do not have a photo or any information filled out about yourself. I need the support of people that are in this 100%

Thanks for reading my novel :happy:

Replies

• ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Hi Im Shannon..Nice to meet you :) Seriously though..ive been your friend since Feb and just learned some things about you that I didnt know so Im glad I read this..love you GRMS!!!
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good for you, be proud of what you have accomplished!

I find the support on here is great. I have lost quite a bit as well but I still have quite a bit to go. I want to lose a total of 100lbs. I have lost 57lbs so far. It s daily struggle and in the past two weeks I have lost all motivation LOL but today is a new day and I am back on track.
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    : Heres to non flabby arms and a healthy new you! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • aynajane
    aynajane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great introduction! I too, began to gain weight without really having a clear picture of what my body was turning to. I didn't own a scale and didn't really realize how big I got until it was too late. When I met my (will be) husband, he was fairly skinny and I was curvy but within porportion. Then we just ate and watched movies and had (lazy) fun. Fast forward, 8 years and here we are overweight and wondering how we got here.

Losing weight is something I know I need to do and I'm just trying my best to make it fun along the way. The best part is having Ryan on the jouney with me. Support and having someone to relate to makes it easier.

It sounds like you have already made some great strides, keep it up and stay positive and you will reach your goals. :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You are all so wonderful; I wouldn't be where I am in this journey if it weren't for all of you!!!!