Tracker

Options
Anybody recommend the fitbit or anything that helps keep track.

Replies

• LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on what you want to track.

I like to use Pacer to track step counts. It helps me keep an eye on my baseline activity level and helps me set small, attainable, daily goals. It is very simplistic, not a lot of bells and whistles. A lot of people really have success with the different FitBits, with different models offering different options. Finding something that fits your needs is really personal; its all about what will work best for you.

Hopefully you can get some good feedback here and do some research to find something that will work.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I like FitBit because their customer service is superior! I have the Surge <3
  • danholden4006
    danholden4006 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I like FitBit because their customer service is superior! I have the Surge <3

How are you liking the Surge? I was considering getting one myself.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i have the garmin vivosmart. i like the waterproof aspect of it. the smart notifications. i like the simpleness of the garmin connect site. it autotracks my sleep.
    cnet and wareables has some good comparisons.
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What's the surge vs. flex?
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have the Jawbone 4. Previously I had Body Media for it's accuracy on calorie expenditure by measuring body heat, sweat and steps/movement. It really helped me loose weight between that and MFP - I could see what went in and what went out! Wore it for a year but I didn't like the fact it was an armband and about then saw Jawbone bought out Body Media and they actually put all of that technology in a wrist band -woot! It's not water proof but water resistant. Says you can wear it in the shower but I just charge it then and put it back on after. I"ve been wearing it a month - took a little getting used to the new interface but it also links to MFP.

I like that it gives me food scores for the day/meal, etc. And that it measures heart rate! I can see a direct correlation between my resting heart rate and my exercise and water intake. Dehydrated and it will be higher. Run the night before and RHR will be in the 50s. ANd it tracks passive heart rate all day.