Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 6]

Options

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 7TH

How have you noticed your weightloss/fitness plan affecting your overall health?

The big change that I see is in my energy level. I would go home and feel completely wiped out! As soon as I sat down, then I would be asleep. Now I have the energy in the evenings to do some extra running around.
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    how have you noticed your weightloss/fitness plan affecting your overall health?

I'm a SAHM and everyday around 1p I would be so tired that I would lay down for a nap with my 2yr old. Now that I've started an exercise program (30DS) and drinking my weight in water everyday, I don't need a nap! I've also made myself a set bedtime, just like the kids. If I"m not in bed and asleep by 10p I totally feel it tomorrow.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday-I went to the doctor last week and she took me off my high blood pressure bills. I am on a diruetic for 30 days and I go see her in 60 days and if my bp is still low I will no longer have to take meds.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Diamonds!

How have you noticed your weightloss/fitness plan affecting your overall health?

Great question, and my answer is a resounding yes! I'm very guilty of wanting to lose weight almost exclusively for vanity. Sure, I know it's good for my health, but my real concern is losing these love handles! However, last year after gaining a lot of weight I started to have real problems with my knees. It hurt just to climb stairs or dance, things I always took for granted. Since losing 20 pounds my knee pain is completely gone.

I also enjoy no longer having the discomfort of chafing thighs and the huge shift in my energy level. Sometimes I find myself jogging to the car and think, "Wow, I'm jogging right now."
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I think this fitness plan is positively affecting my mental health right now more than overall physical health. Sure, I'm seeing the benefits in energy level, etc., but I just feel better about myself. I still look in the mirror and go "ugh" - but every once in a while I catch myself feeling like I'm making progress!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options

I guess i am more confident but also i can see imporvement in my stamina rather than overall health

Kathy
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options

I feel stronger and I don't avoid everyday activities anymore. For example, I used to create a pile of clothes to need to be taken upstairs and a separate pile of toys to go downstairs, and instead of just taking the items up/down I would ask my husband to do it or take a couple items when I was going anyway. Now I just take them up without thinking about it. Love the small things. =)
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Diamonds!

Yes. I was having knee pain, and I don't anymore. I also don't get winded just from doing normal moving around. I can move quicker and I don't tire so easily. Loving healthy!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Well I have mixed affects. Overall I feel better mentally, spiritually. Physically I feel stronger but I do have a lot more aches and pains. I don't know what's up with that but I'm praying that it goes away.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday-I went to the doctor last week and she took me off my high blood pressure bills. I am on a diruetic for 30 days and I go see her in 60 days and if my bp is still low I will no longer have to take meds.

WOW, that is excellent! Congrats
  • KPstartingover
    Options
    QOTD - Wednesday June 8: Which one part of your body do you like the most... and which one part do you wish you could change the most?
  • KPstartingover
    Options
    QOTD - Wednesday June 8: Which one part of your body do you like the most... and which one part do you wish you could change the most?

This is a hard one for me to answer, because there isn't much in the first category, but a LOT in the second! Anyway, I would have to say I somewhat like my calves - they are getting more toned for sure. The one part I really can't stand about my body is my poochy tummy - and of course it's always the last place i see results!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY FOR MONDAY, MAY JUNE 6th

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would splurge on?

Definatley plastic surgery. I know that probalby sounds bad on a weight loss place. I would get a nose job (I hate my nose), Then I would get my breast augmented (I have none), then I would have all this excess skin on my belly cut off (I've had 4 children by C-section). I'm getting a six pack and would love for it to show!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Diamonds!

I've noticed that when I do my exercise, then I'm not dying for a treat. Exercise seems to help me eat better.
  • CricketKate
    Options

I like my eyes. They are kind of a greenish blue with golden flecks in the middle. Hard to describe, but I really like them.

As far as what I wish I could change, where do i start? I really hate my nose. Big noses run in my family on both sides, so it was inevitable that I would get one. Unfortunately, I can workout on the rest of my body and watch it S...l...o...w...l...y change, but there is no hope for my nose.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    QOTD Wed: I love my thick thighs and I would change my stomach and back fat.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD response for Wed.... I think I love my arms the most. I starting lifting weights about 2 months ago. I was afraid at first. My trainer had me use low weights. So I am not getting bulky, but rather getting nice cuts. The part I hate the most is my tummy. 4 kids. ugh! I am certainly getting a tummy tuck.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options

For most i like my fingers they r sleek n sexy n i luv them part i would like ot chnage many first my pooch, chubby cheeks yuck, my arms
    Kathy
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I would say I like my arms. That's part of why I was so sad when I gained weight and started to realize that my arms had lost their shapeliness. Genetics gave me hourglass arms, but fried chicken turned them into jumbo sausages!

What would I change? What would EVERYONE change... this darn stomach! I have a particular brood with my love handles.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I like my overall shape. I'm tall and curvy and I like that. The one part I have to change are my arms. My goodness they are a cruel joke. As I've gotten older, I swear I can spread my fatty arms and fly away. Yuck:(