Observations after gluttonous weekend

Bit of context; I’m 37 (ew), started here at MFP in January tipping the scales at 366lbs. Since then have lost 92lbs, currently weighing in at 274. Still a long way to go, but on a roll.

This last weekend was my birthday, so I decided to hell with MFP, I’m going to eat whatever the hell I want for the weekend.

What an eye-opening experience it has been. Haven’t done the dishes for 3 days, just can’t be bothered. Normally, kitchen gets a tidy and clean daily, now it looks like a tip.

Woke up this morning with indigestion for the first time this year, had to go hunt down my old antacid supply!

It’s now 9.25am, and I haven’t eaten a thing, actually still feel full from yesterday.

I’ve now realised the way I was previously living, not hungry in the morning, so no breakfast, suddenly famished midday/mid-afternoon, gorge on whatever was around and was fast and easy to prepare, do that for the rest of the day, feel like crap all evening so sit on the couch, go to bed but have bad night sleep due to indigestion, next day, start all over.

No wonder I felt like crap and had reached roughly the size and weight of a young killer whale (pleasetellmesomeonegetsthis).

So pleased to get back to normal today, will never do that again. Been feeling so good, why would I want to go back?

Have a 150 calorie dinner of zucchini and mushrooms planned for tonight. May chase it with celery for good measure. No, not trying to overcompensate, that’s just what sounds good to me after burgers, KFC, cake etc. Cups of tea and a protein cookie/bar or two to keep me going until dinner, which should get me back to the standard routine.

I know each persons experiences differ greatly, and I have zero scientific stuffs to back this up, but I thought I’d throw this out there as one example of the difference diet can have on overall lifestyle and well-being.

And to think I would never have reached this realisation without the “mean people” of MFP! You guys know who you are, but have no idea how much of a positive effect your bluntness has on some people. You guys are helping me to change my life – and without hyperbole, have likely helped to save it!

Right, thanks for reading, carry on with your day!

TL:DR Eat well, feel well. Eat crap, feel crap. Mean people = awesomeness.

Replies

• PratoN
    PratoN Posts: 20 Member
    The only part that disappointed me is that the HP reference didn't make it into the TL;DR.

Good luck on the rest of your progress! :)
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Very nice post.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    It's definitely progress when the new, healthy normal is a pleasure to return to.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Honestly I can eat 4500 calories one day and it doesn't affect me one bit the next day. If anything, I get more energy for my workouts the day after. It's only after I overate two days in a row at Christmas that I actually got to sick/full to eat much the next day.

The worst thing that has happened to me after eating too much one day was some diarrhea, but I'm guessing it's because something in that food didn't agree with me (first time was some soft serve with caramel sauce from Rita's, second time a croissant).

Maybe I'm a special snowflake.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly I can eat 4500 calories one day and it doesn't affect me one bit the next day. If anything, I get more energy for my workouts the day after. It's only after I overate two days in a row at Christmas that I actually got to sick/full to eat much the next day.

The worst thing that has happened to me after eating too much one day was some diarrhea, but I'm guessing it's because something in that food didn't agree with me (first time was some soft serve with caramel sauce from Rita's, second time a croissant).

Maybe I'm a special snowflake.

You aren't that special, because I'm the same way.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Old ideas just are that, aren't they? Like worn out slippers we don't throw out.......look comfy, but actually, if we put them on, they just don't fit right anymore.

TY for sharing your actual experience. I personally think that's what a forum should be.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Halloween candy my DH brought home over the weekend.....need I say more? Ugh