Lets motive eachother!

Options
I'm trying to loose weight in a healthy way. usually when I say I'm going to diet, I usually end up starving myself. for me, it's easier to starve then eat healthy and work out. I want to start working out and cut out the bad foods in my diet. anybody want to be my buddy?

Replies

• jorgepena45
    jorgepena45 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are doing it the wrong way buddy.
  • emilyaller19
    emilyaller19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @jorgepena45 how so? yes I was doing it wrong before, but now I'm doing it in a healthy way. I want to work out and cut out bad foods, not starve.
  • JoshHatherall
    JoshHatherall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself it's not good, replace fizzy drinks with water, start slowly by cutting down the bad foods bit by bit as its easier than going from a lot to nothing I found :)!, Exercise is important also, cardio is very good at helping to loose weight :)
  • bracey100
    bracey100 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The key to loosing the weight is exercise I use the crosstrainer everyday this way I burn 500 cals of everyday it takes 30 mins of your day make sure u have 3 meal a day no eating after 7 me I have bowl of cereal for breakfast 120 cals ceaser salad lunch bout 300 cals or less piece of fruit in between then for dinner anything up to 600 cals or less on a Saturday have a treat but dont go to crazy stick to your calorie intake sunday I normally have a roast the 1st 3 month of doin this I lost a stone a month hope this helps remember u need to exercise everyday 7 days if u dont u wont loose hope this helps
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    y
  • preciousliam
    preciousliam Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bracey100 wrote: »
    The key to loosing the weight is exercise I use the crosstrainer everyday this way I burn 500 cals of everyday it takes 30 mins of your day make sure u have 3 meal a day no eating after 7 me I have bowl of cereal for breakfast 120 cals ceaser salad lunch bout 300 cals or less piece of fruit in between then for dinner anything up to 600 cals or less on a Saturday have a treat but dont go to crazy stick to your calorie intake sunday I normally have a roast the 1st 3 month of doin this I lost a stone a month hope this helps remember u need to exercise everyday 7 days if u dont u wont loose hope this helps

Great Tips!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    People think that 'starving works'. I'm not going to lie, it most probably does. Having said that, it won't just be weight loss you'll get - it'll be hair loss, skin breakouts, mood swings, exhaustion, stomach cramps, terrible breath, blackouts and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There is no such thing as 'bad foods', just 'too much'. A sensible calorie deficit will cause weight loss. If you can exercise too then fantastic - do that. Get into the habit of logging in to MFP daily and your relationship with food will improve more and more. This doesn't have to be painful, difficult or miserable.

Good luck.
  • MaliRadojica
    MaliRadojica Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    People think that 'starving works'. I'm not going to lie, it most probably does. Having said that, it won't just be weight loss you'll get - it'll be hair loss, skin breakouts, mood swings, exhaustion, stomach cramps, terrible breath, blackouts and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

There is no such thing as 'bad foods', just 'too much'. A sensible calorie deficit will cause weight loss. If you can exercise too then fantastic - do that. Get into the habit of logging in to MFP daily and your relationship with food will improve more and more. This doesn't have to be painful, difficult or miserable.

Good luck.

I agree with pink. But I have sedentary job and life. I have found that is also much better to do a brisk walk for 10 minutes every hour, when I am home on my treadmill, then to do a long mixed exercise of one hour, and then sit in front of laptop whole afternoon. I boost metabolism in that way and loose every week one kg.