What's your workout Schedule???

Options
Ok I am down 30 pounds in a year and a half. I have been at a stand still going on 7 months now. I workout a lot and I know I need to clean up my eating and have started to do so.
I guess my question is what is your workout schedule for those of you losing weight? Do you do cardio 3 days and lift 3 days or cardio all days. How many hours/ days a week do you workout. How many rest days. 1?

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing befitin90 on youtube. Basically like 30shred and maybe a little bit insanity type of program for 90 days. Basically lots of squats, weights, mma moves.
    It gives two rest days (Tuesday and Friday) The vids are about 35 minutes. Each day is a different video.

I also might walk, go swimming or use the elliptical on some days too.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use dumbbells Mon, Wed, and Friday and walk 1 to 3 miles a day every weekday. Weekends I don't exercise typically
  • miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1 hour of cardio on the treadmill then 30 day shred 6-7 days a week.
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I run three days on, one day off two days on one day off, then I start again.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days per week, about an hour each time. That being said, I don't really consider running something I do to lose weight. I do it for enjoyment and physical fitness and focus on the kitchen for weight loss.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Strength training 3 days/week. No cardio. Started with a 1000 calorie deficit plucked from a TDEE calculator. Turns out it wasn't that accurate and my actual deficit is closer to 750 calories. Started 11 months ago and have gone from 121kg to 89kg so far.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    While losing, I would do a video (like 30 Day Shred) in the morning before work, a 10 min quick walk or run at work (I guess you could squeeze it in on your lunch break), and then another workout, like circuit training/lifting or running after work for about 25-40 min. I don't get a chance to get that 10 min. in at work anymore, but I still do a video before and a workout after work 4 days/wk. My videos are usually cardio or circuit, sometimes yoga, for about 35 min. Then, I lift weights M/W and circuit T/Th after work. Fridays are just the morning video, Saturdays are 45min-1hr videos(usually circuit training with dumbbells) and Sundays are an hour or so run. I am in maintenance now, and have been for about 2 years.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss. I do Strong Lifts 3x a week. No cardio other than jumping w my kids on the trampoline for a bit most days.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I've always (because of work schedule) done 3 days per week of cardio, 2-3 of those including weightlifting / strength training. I've managed to lose 80 lbs but believe me 90% of that was "in the kitchen". Exercise is so crutial for an overall healthy and fit life. I'm "overweight" still at 5'3 and 155 lbs but I have better cardiovascular fitness and better muscle definition than a lot of women 30 lbs lighter than me. My point is that food is for weight loss and exercise is for fitness.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 days and then do cardio at least one day, maybe two if my schedule allows (I prefer the two days). Two rest days a week is my ideal. Sometimes it's three, but again....that's my schedule dictating things.