34 years old, 5ft 4 and nearly 19 stone (262lbs)

Options
Incredibly that is true. I'm not sure on my bmi but I know that it's really really high and I've got to do something.

I'm a father to two kids and have a very loving wife. But now my kids are starting to call me fat and I'm having to get my wife to put my socks on in the morning.

How does it get this bad? Putting off doing something about it every week doesn't help that's for sure. That's why I'm on here taking about it and getting it into some sort of reality.

Done all the diets under the sun but calories in and burnt are what really count and morale support from friends and family.

Some help and advice along the way is something which I'm sure will be invaluable so please add me.

Thanks Neil

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Neil :)

Congratulations on making a start. You've made the first step and the only way is up (or down poundswise!) from here. Enter your details in to MFP app if you haven't already and this will calculate your calorie goal per day. It'll be challenging at first but use these forum's as a means of staying on track - they've worked wonders for me.

Your family will be very proud of you for conquering this and I have every faith that you can. Put the work in, stay positive and break your goals down in to smaller increments (example: 6lbs per month) and you'll feel fantastic for hitting them.

Best of luck!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hi Neil
    You can do this! Welcome to MFP :smile:
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! Feel free to add me
  • Gavin_Campbell
    Gavin_Campbell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome Neil.

I've been there. I know what your going through. Its this moment when you realise where you are at and where you have to do to get where you want to be that is the most important.

My advice is to just find the time to do it. I swapped sitting in front of the TV on my couch to watching TV at the gym on the treadmill. The more time I spent at the gym, the less I spent eating bad.

Just be patient and strong. I'll add you on MFP.
  • mrs_dyer_07
    mrs_dyer_07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am currently 18 stone, after having a child and now desperately trying to lose the excess .

If you wanna be motivating for each other. Or need s chat after a hard day I can offer my support x

K x
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    It needs to be a lifestyle change. Diets don't work for longterm. It's great that you have inspiration to get healthy from your kids and wife. Remember it's also for yourself too.

A food scale would be a big eye opener as well.

You can do it
  • CherryBerry0611
    CherryBerry0611 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We have similar stories. Two years ago, when I was 34, I stepped on the scale at the doctors office and was shocked to find out I weighed 243! (Not sure how many stones that is) I lost 50lbs (then gained 20), now I'm determined to lose 70-80lbs more. Feel free to add me, all the support is needed when trying to lose a larger amount of weight.