run our hearts out challenge

Amandamccl
Amandamccl Posts: 380
edited September 28 in Chit-Chat
I love running so I thought it would be fun to have a challenge and make new friends on the way.. you can be on the C25K or you can just run

rules-

give me your weight every Sunday and if you dont weigh on sundays that's ok just give me your weight from the last time you weighed

tells us how your doing everyday even its bad or good we'll give you the support you need

you can do other workouts outside of runing

if you do not give me your weight by Sunday I will mark you 1 pound to be fair to your team

their will be 4 teams team C team 2 team 5 team K

are you in?

use this as your format

SW (6/01):
Wk1 (6/05):
Wk2 (6/12):
Wk3 (6/19):
Wk4 (6/26):
Wk5 (6/30):
Challenge GW:

end date is augest 28

Replies

• yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Ooo! I want to finish C25K by the end of the month, so I'm in. I've been leaving too many days between, so I need some accountability. I'm supposed to do W5D3 tonight - scary!! I put it off last night because it was so humid, so I've got to bite the bullet when I get home.

My week 1 weight (6/5) was 188.2. My goal for the end of the month is to be under 180. I'll re-evaluate a new mid-point goal after that, but my overall goal is to be under 150.

If we get to choose teams, I like the sound of "Team K" for some reason...

Good luck!!
  • Amandamccl
    yes_I_can, you can be team K : -)
  • francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Can I join too? I have been slacking on my running and this is great motivation for my vacation goal...we leave August 21st, so it is perfect timing! Plus...I need to be held accountable, I work better that way!
    My week 1 (6/5) is 124.2
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    maybe I'm confused, but where's the "running" part of this challenge? what kind of info do you want--how long, how fast, etc? I haven't lost any pounds in 3 weeks and don't know if I will be able to lose any more weight...but I am always interested in ways to improve my running...
  • Amandamccl
    maybe I'm confused, but where's the "running" part of this challenge? what kind of info do you want--how long, how fast, etc? I haven't lost any pounds in 3 weeks and don't know if I will be able to lose any more weight...but I am always interested in ways to improve my running...

to see how much weight you lose while running & to see at the end how you fell and have. you ran faster/father
  • yes_i_can
    I'm a slow runner right now. My running goal is to get through the program and be able to run 5k straight, then work on speed. I'm signed up for a race in October, but might do one before that if I can get moving a bit faster. Will be on vacation with two runners in a few weeks, so we'll go out every morning - that should help!!

Just a suggestion, if you want to make this based on team progress, you could track improvements. Percentage of weight lost, number of miles logged, speed varience, that sort of thing. So, maybe average out the team members' running and weight stats for the week and give standings that way??
  • Amandamccl
    looks like I have to cancel it no one else wants to join
  • Amandamccl
    looks like I have to cancel it no one else wants to join
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    4 teams, 4 people interested...that might work :)

I haven't done any MFP community challenges before but am looking for some ways to shake up my fitness routine...

I'm a slow runner as well...we're doing a running challenge at my work and doing a 2 mile timed run tomorrow AM...I've only run 1.8 miles without stopping, so I have a feeling I'm gonna have to walk some...but still want to try something new!
  • Amandamccl
    4 teams, 4 people interested...that might work :)

I haven't done any MFP community challenges before but am looking for some ways to shake up my fitness routine...

I'm a slow runner as well...we're doing a running challenge at my work and doing a 2 mile timed run tomorrow AM...I've only run 1.8 miles without stopping, so I have a feeling I'm gonna have to walk some...but still want to try something new!

that's a goood idea
  • yes_i_can
    Works for me!!

So, how about we record weight as of Sunday (6/12), average speed acheived this past week (6/6-6/12), and distance run (6/6-6/12), then compare improvements each week by percentage? So, percentage of weight lost, percent improvement in speed, and percent added in distance??

Just a suggestion - feel free to tell me not to take over planning! ;)
  • Amandamccl
    lol just do the weight I dont have the time to do all that, I don't know my distance anyways I have to run in a small circle I'm always at my grandmas fleamarket so I run around inside silly I know but I have to work with what I got : -)
This discussion has been closed.