I need more secrets?

Options
Almonds have changed my life.
I eat a serving or 1/4 cup for 170 calories and 15 grams of fat. Mornings.

Is it the fat or the 4 grams of fiber or 6 grams of protein?
What makes this hungry uncontrollable animal stay calm the most?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It could be any of those three things or all of them. If you changed your Diary Sharing setting to Public, I might be able to give you a more definitive answer. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Actually the secret is there are no secrets. :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Ex: I sneaked in ruffles with french onion dip today.
    I would get criticized to death here - murdered.

Where did you get this ridiculous notion? A lot of the very successful regulars in this part of the forum openly talk about working chocolate and other sweet treats into their calorie goals for the day.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Where did you get this ridiculous notion? A lot of the very successful regulars in this part of the forum openly talk about working chocolate and other sweet treats into their calorie goals for the day.

Yeah, I regularly have ice cream, potato chips, pizza, tacos, and plenty of other foods like that. Donuts, cookies, and cake are a lot less common than before but still sometimes consumed.

No guilt or shame at all there - as long as I plan for them and eat within my limits I am fine having them. Just because I'm losing weight and getting fit doesn't mean I will stop enjoying food.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I think it's the fat - heck I might try the high fat lc diet someday.
    I would be too scared to open my diary.
    I still have many problems I need to work out.

Surely no one would murder you over chips and dip???

I've lost quite a bit of weight and have eaten chips all during that loss. I just don't eat them as often and my serving sizes have gotten smaller.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Like assuming what people are thinking? I had Trader Joes Sea Salt Ridge Cut Chips and Bleu Cheese Pecan dip. Do I care what you or anyone else thinks???? NOPE
    Guess what? I think I'm going to have room for some cheesecake too!
    FTW!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

I have friends here who also record ridiculously food - McDonald's ice cream sundaes, etc. Don't worry about it. As long as it's within your calorie allotment, it's all good. Sounds like you have the wrong bunch of friends. BUT make sure it IS within your calorie allotment!!!
  • misskarne
    Options
    I ate a big bowl of ice-cream and a mug of hot chocolate for dinner last night. It was excellent and I have no regrets.

I might have failed at adulting, though. ;)
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

I have friends here who also record ridiculously food - McDonald's ice cream sundaes, etc. Don't worry about it. As long as it's within your calorie allotment, it's all good. Sounds like you have the wrong bunch of friends. BUT make sure it IS within your calorie allotment!!!

Well, I look down on that because there are better fast food places than McDonalds :smiley: I'll take a Culver's butterburger and frozen custard sundae anyday (and in fact, I do have this about once every two weeks).
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Well, I look down on that because there are better fast food places than McDonalds :smiley: I'll take a Culver's butterburger and frozen custard sundae anyday (and in fact, I do have this about once every two weeks).

I absolutely agree with McDonald's!!! We don't have Culver's here :(
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The only secret I know is that if you hear that word in a sales pitch, don't buy it. You just have to eat less and/or exercise more. The key to hunger is to eat more protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. But don't forget to save a little room for indulgences, otherwise, if you go cold turkey, you might wind up at an all you can eat buffet, and make the manager have to close the store!
  • zkhanman
    zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, there is no secrets, only math. That being said, 6 ounces of baked chicken breast with only salt, pepper and a little lemon juice is extremely filling and has surprisingly few calories
  • CharminQT
    CharminQT Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup is 2oz / 60g you need to double your figure for accuracy. I think that's your secret!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Culver's is a high quality fast food restaurant in the upper midwest and spreading. Another one that also started in the mid 80's is CookOut but limited from NC/SC east coast due west to MS River with good food and good prices. Somehow we have one of each in our small college town. Well the founder of CookOut is from our town so I am sure that was a fact. We may see the lower quality fast food places improve or fad in market share.
  • misskarne
    Options
    Protein, complex carbs, and good fats
    Baked chicken with just salt and pepper.
    Not sure if a serving is a 1/4 cup. Checking.
    Regretting the onion dip binge - thanks for the support. Having a tough time. This is not easy.

Weigh it, don't use the cup, that's inaccurate.

Why regret the onion dip binge? I bet it fits into your calories. If not, there's always tomorrow.
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Like assuming what people are thinking? I had Trader Joes Sea Salt Ridge Cut Chips and Bleu Cheese Pecan dip. Do I care what you or anyone else thinks???? NOPE
    Guess what? I think I'm going to have room for some cheesecake too!
    FTW!

OMG that sounds delicious!

OP, fit your favs into your day. You will be much more likely to stick to your goals. Good luck!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Sitting here with a jar of Chocolate hazelnut spread and a spoon... don't think I'll judge you! :D
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I love all the food!!!

Moderation in all things. Stay within your calorie goals, and reasonably watch your macros. And there will be days it just doesn't work out. Just make those occaisional days, not every day! It is a marathon, not a sprint. (I've been logging for over 2,000 days, and have been at a healthy weight for all but the first 300 or so of those! So this is the voice of experience speaking!)