Shakeology

Options
I just got some shakeology packets in the mail today. I was wondering, does it taste better with water or milk. Any suggestions?

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I like blending it with water & ice. Then adding fruit in it to add some flavor. :)
  • hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use a combination of skim milk, almond milk, and a little water to thin it out. It is really thick with only 8oz of liquid so it depends on your taste too. Good luck!
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    I mix mine with water, but you can also add fruit or juice to them. i also add a scoop of protein powder to them. i don't like the greenberry taste by its self but to me adding the protein makes it taste better. check the beachbody web site they have recipes for the shakes on there.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I use half a cup of almond milk, a tbsp of peanut or natural almond butter and a few cubes of ice and 1 cup of water....AMAZING! LOL
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like mine better with unsweetened Almond milk and 4 ice cubes. I will also add, pepermint extract to get a minty taste. I have used coconut extract also. Adding peanut butter, bananas, or any kind of fruit makes a good shake also. There are so many things that you can do with it! I love mine! After I make it, I stick it in the freezer for a little bit to make it a lot colder adn gives it a thicker texture.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk and fruit :)
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    do you have chocolate or greenberry?

chocolate is better with almond or soy milk and ice. i would also add an extract (like peppermint, coconut, etc) to give it flavor without adding lots of calories. i like to add 2 tbsp of PB to mine with milk and lots of ice. its makes it thick and creamy.

for greenberry i would say adding any type of berry and OJ or coconut water, and ice.
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about shakeology! Is it something you can keep up for life? Why are you guys using it? Does it taste good?
  • meeshu1976
    meeshu1976 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, I just made it (chocolate) with a cup of fat free milk and a couple of ice cubes. It's tastes awesome!!! I hope the greenberry is good. I'm still wondering what that one tastes like. Hmmmm???

Thanks for all of the tips!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    I water, ice and cinnamon added to chocolate Shakeology.
  • mommyJto3
    Options
    Well, I just made it (chocolate) with a cup of fat free milk and a couple of ice cubes. It's tastes awesome!!! I hope the greenberry is good. I'm still wondering what that one tastes like. Hmmmm???

Thanks for all of the tips!

cant describe the taste .. but its not my favorite. i drink it for the nutrients and because i know its good for me, but its not as yummy as the chocolate. some people love greenberry and others dont. i heard they are coming out with a new flavor soon.
  • mommyJto3
    Options
    I don't know anything about shakeology! Is it something you can keep up for life? Why are you guys using it? Does it taste good?

ok i dont want to go against the rules but Shakeology is a Beachbody Product (the same people who make P90X, Turbo Jam, etc) it is a meal replacement shake that has over 70 different ingredients.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. All I know is people rave it or hate it, and it's too expensive for someone like me!