Low Energy

Options
my energy has been sooooo so LOW lately. Having low energy is making it very difficult to go to the gym and weight lift! I don't know why it's so low! It's weird!! Any suggestions on how to get my energy back in check??

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you hitting your calorie goals? Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you taking rest days? Are you getting enough sleep? Are any of your macros way low?
  • jan3t85
    jan3t85 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How low are your carbs? When i have low energy I drink coffee with teaspoon of coconut oil
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you experiencing any added stress lately?. Eating enough meat for iron?
  • megan_dotson
    megan_dotson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    No none of my macros are too low umm my calories are fine... I don't eat meat... Could iron affect your energy??
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yea iron is one of those essential minerals that allows your body to produce red blood cells that are capable of carrying oxygen. That is the reason that most vegans and vegetarians eat tons of leafy vegetables, beans , and/or take iron supplements.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    lack of iron does lead to lack of energy....
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Being a vegetarian makes it hard to get enough iron, especially if you do intense exercises. You might want to talk to a doctor about how to increase your iron level. Iron supplements is probably the best way to go, but it can lead to constipation :-/
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Iron isn't the only one that can make your energy levels low if your lacking, B12 is another one. If you haven't had a check up with your dr in awhile then it wouldn't hurt to go for one. They will do general blood tests.
  • megan_dotson
    megan_dotson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I appreciate the feedback!