calories i burned

Options
So i have a question its kinda odd idk but i wanna know if i should eat the calories i burned i mean my goal is to lose weight and i eat 1490 kcal per day and i burn from 400 to 700 daily so im confused if i should eat back another 400/700 calories i burned or not if someone knows please help I'll be really thankful

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Is the 400-700 from dedicated exercise? Is the 1490 what MFP set you to? If so, you should definitely eat back at least a portion of the 4-700 because MFP does not calculate the workouts in, and it already has you set to a deficit. There's another thread going right now about the same question that has some good explanations..I'll try to find a link for you.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    From those 400-700 calories I'd recommend eating back half of what you've burned during exercising due to some machines/fit bits over calculating how much you burn
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Your choice. If your logging is spot on, then great. I do not eat back my exercise calories now because I'm still trying to lose weight. I sure will when I get to maintenance, though!
  • mtbdcl
    mtbdcl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much this helped me a lot <3
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Your choice. If your logging is spot on, then great. I do not eat back my exercise calories now because I'm still trying to lose weight. I sure will when I get to maintenance, though!

Um - no

If you are using MFP as designed, you are expected to eat exercise calories back even when you are trying to lose weight.

MFP gave you a deficit BEFORE exercise. So eating back calories should get you back to the deficit you signed up for. But logging foods, and exercise calorie burns are all estimations. Some people log more accurately than others. This is why people eat back a portion to start....then eat more or less based upon actual results.

Large calorie deficits make it hard for your body to support existing lean muscle. Moderate calorie deficits generally result in a higher percentage of fat loss.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    From those 400-700 calories I'd recommend eating back half of what you've burned during exercising due to some machines/fit bits over calculating how much you burn

^^^^ THAT! :smiley:
  • mtbdcl
    mtbdcl Posts: 15 Member
    Options

TeaBea wrote: »

Um - no

If you are using MFP as designed, you are expected to eat exercise calories back even when you are trying to lose weight.

MFP gave you a deficit BEFORE exercise. So eating back calories should get you back to the deficit you signed up for. But logging foods, and exercise calorie burns are all estimations. Some people log more accurately than others. This is why people eat back a portion to start....then eat more or less based upon actual results.

Large calorie deficits make it hard for your body to support existing lean muscle. Moderate calorie deficits generally result in a higher percentage of fat loss.
    Yess i was kinda thinking the same thing but i wasn't sure about it .. Thank you so much for clearing things for me