Atkins diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
    I started w/ MFP about 10 weeks and have been losing weight pretty steadily, about 10 lbs overall. These last two weeks my weight has varied between 3lbs+ and 3lbs-. It's soooo frustrating. Today I started the induction phase of the Atkins diet. I'll friend you so we can compare diaries. It's amazing how quickly 20 carbs add up! Meanwhile, my calorie count was super-low...
    If I can stick to it, I hope to lose 5+lbs in two weeks. When I reach that goal, I'm going to gradually introduce carbs and just go back to my under1,200 calorie diet. Hopefully I don't gain it all back!
    I
    I don't mean to be ignorant, but what is MFP?
    Two weeks is nothing comparing to over 2 months! Imagine my frustration. My friends tell me that I look great, " you don't have to lose anymore"... However, given the effort I put into it... I want to see the results. It is truly amazing how these darn carbs add up. I logged ihere that I want to lose 10 lbs, so this website figured out for me 1200 calories per day. I can do it, but it just confuses me with Atkins, because you are not supposed to care about calories, only carb grams.

MFP = My Fitness Pal - - Welcome! :flowerforyou:

DUH! Of course! I feel really dumb.
  • MissMed07
    MissMed07 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am also living the low carb lifestyle and after reading the book, I too notice that people "poo poo" all over the diet too. I probably eat more vegetables and leafy greens on this diet than any other I have been on. And I drink A LOT more water. On Induction, where you reduce your carb intake to 20 NET Carbs, 12-15 of those carbs MUST be from vegetables. They have you eat half an avocado a day and encourage you to eat lean meats. They inform you that you CAN eat bacon and sausage and all the that stuff, but also stress to you that most of those are cured in sugar (among other things) so you should stay away. I have gone from 156 to 134.5 pounds using Atkins and it even helped me realize that I had gluten intolerance. I feel great when I don't eat carbs. Kudos to Dr. Atkins:happy: .
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am also living the low carb lifestyle and after reading the book, I too notice that people "poo poo" all over the diet too. I probably eat more vegetables and leafy greens on this diet than any other I have been on. And I drink A LOT more water. On Induction, where you reduce your carb intake to 20 NET Carbs, 12-15 of those carbs MUST be from vegetables. They have you eat half an avocado a day and encourage you to eat lean meats. They inform you that you CAN eat bacon and sausage and all the that stuff, but also stress to you that most of those are cured in sugar (among other things) so you should stay away. I have gone from 156 to 134.5 pounds using Atkins and it even helped me realize that I had gluten intolerance. I feel great when I don't eat carbs. Kudos to Dr. Atkins:happy: .

I agree! I eat wayyyy more veggies when I'm forced to limit my carb intake. I feel like I'm teaching myself how to make healthier food choices by not relying on breads or pastas to fill me up. There's definitely an important lesson to be learned b/c my body is looking and feeling better day by day. I'm wrapping up week 2 tomorrow and I've lost 6lbs. I hope to lose 2 more by midweek next week. After that it"s time to start introducing some carbs back in, not sure though what limit I should set for my carb count.
    Also...I forgot all about avacados. I should pick some up. I need something else to add into my mix!