A long way to go.... taking 1 step fwd at a time

Good day,
I have about 80 lbs to lose and I'd love support along the way from mfp friends. I am 31, 5'10, and 240. I started using this app a few weeks ago then fell off last week, mainly because I was too ashamed to log my numbers. Any advice for staying the course with mfp?

Replies

• heart3313
    heart3313 Posts: 89 Member
    Whatever the numbers may be...log them! Be honest with yourself on what you're eating.... once you start meeting your goals- your results will come!! You can do this!!
  • gibsont972
    gibsont972 Posts: 10 Member
    <3 Thanks heart! I plan to do just that-- log the numbers no matter what.
  • gibsont972
    How are your goals coming along?
  • mattprelude
    mattprelude Posts: 5 Member
    Feel free to add me, also trying to lose a lot of weight over a long period of time.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    gibsont972 wrote: »
    Good day,
    I have about 80 lbs to lose and I'd love support along the way from mfp friends. I am 31, 5'10, and 240. I started using this app a few weeks ago then fell off last week, mainly because I was too ashamed to log my numbers. Any advice for staying the course with mfp?

Log them anyway

It doesn't matter

and the act of logging, religiously, everything and accurately can help to keep you committed

You can do it

Heck, if I could do it anyone can :)
  • gibsont972
    Rabbit, what's your biggest daily barrier to meeting your fitness goals? I have 2 toddlers, a fulltimr job, and I am finishing school... Feeling overwhelmed often leads me to make poor food and exercise choices. Its a constant battle within because Lord knows I cannot quit any of these life choices. No backing out, only onwards and forwards.
  • lesley964
    lesley964 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi there, I'm recently back after deliberately losing my days for a fresh start. I had lost 4.5stones and so far I have put 3.5 back on! On day 2 of fresh start. I don't have young family anymore but I teach and tutor after school have my grandson at weekends so still pretty full on. When I was successful in losing I was well prepared. Prepare shopping list to match you menus so you are never caught out, make meals that you can freeze in portions and microwave or stick in the oven like chilli and curries I made a lot of veggie meals like that. I had a treat every night...when everything was done my reward was strawberries and cream cheese on rice crackers. I just hope I can live up to all this good advice!!!
    Add me we can support each other
  • xmusicxlovex
    xmusicxlovex Posts: 47 Member
    Add me! :)
  • gibsont972
    Lesley, I am rooting for you! I admire you for being able to prepare meals and stick to the plan that works.... Honestly, you made me reflect on what plan worked for me... I lost about 30 lbs by simply keeping my portions small, cutting out fast food (McDonalds breakfast is my weakness), and just being a lil more active during the day. It was really the portion sizes that did it for me, no secret to it really. Thanks for sharing your story! : )
  • DLMitch22
    DLMitch22 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi sometimes I forget to actually log my stuff but I still be under my calories and when I find time I go back and complete it. I've lost 30 lbs so far and I have a long way to go but I feel good ... However you can do it just don't get discouraged .... And remember it's no rush so don't put a time on it just exercise everyday and eat healthy by staying under your calorie goal and over a period of time the weight will eventually fall off ....