Before and After - Food

Options
So, I was talking to my husband last night and we were talking about what we use to eat. I can tell you back in the day I use to stop by Burger King for Breakfast: 2 sausage egg and cheese croissanwiches, Orange juice and tots, for lunch I would ponder and go to McD's double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries and lemonade, for dinner I would make mac and cheese with hot dogs and for snacks I would have granola bars, frappes, donuts, etc...:sick:

Today I had an egg white omelet with turkey bacon, a glass of skim milk, for lunch a turkey taco salad with salsa and for dinner spaghetti squash with ground turkey and homemade marinara sauce. :heart:

What about you?

Replies

• burnguru25
    burnguru25 Posts: 37
    Options
    Minus the eggs, your "today" menu seems sooo much more appealing than that McDonald's one... (Eggs are my secret enemy)

Good job and great post!
  • smbland
    smbland Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BAGELS. My soft spot for food is bagels, I love love bagels, I would make myself breakfast sandwiches on a bagel, or have sugary cereal, eat fast food for lunch, make spaghetti or greasy tacos or eat out for dinner.... Now I have a special K bar in the morning with fruit, or an scrambled egg whites, I eat my left overs for lunch, or tuna with a tiny tiny bit of mayo, for dinner it's chicken and veggies, or flank steaks with veggies, veggies veggies veggies haha. I've never eaten so many veggies and fruits! I eat a serving size of peanuts for snacks, lots of water -- never drank so much water in my life lol. When I plugged in what I would normally eat and compared it to now it was a HUGE eye opener... There's no need for all of that!!!
    Now, if I realllyyyy am craving it, I will limit myself to ONE bagel, ONCE in a while, not every week, etc.
    Crazy huh!
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I had a egg white with red pepper and onion and provolone cheese and english muffin (whole grain) my favorite....
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I used to be HOOKED on McDonalds Breakfast Burritos - most mornings would consist of that. Then ALWAYS fast food for lunch, and Hamburger Helper or more fast food for dinner. Anything I could get my hands on for snacks - chocolate, chips, cookies...not to mention the soda I would drink all day!

Now! I have cereal or eggs for breakfast, something like a turkey wrap and applesauce for lunch, and baked chicken and veggies for dinner. Fruit and Granola Bars for snacks and ONLY water to drink.

Hallelujiah!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Susie and I am addicted to Starbucks....

I can't give it up, but I have gone from ordering a Venti Iced White Mocha (460 cal) to a Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato (140 cal)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I were pretty much living off of frozen pizzas, and my hubby's bean dip which we would consume with tortillas SMOTHERED in cheese. I was making a batch of cookie dough pretty much every week just to eat... no cookies were ever made, I just ate the dough (so yummy lol). But after realizing I had gained 21 pounds in 6 months (from my wedding in June to January), I knew something had to change... fast! Now I have chicken, yogurt, fruits, veggies, I'm learning how to cook fish so it's actually good... my diet has totally done a 180! I feel so much better, and look so much better. Isn't being healthy great!! :)
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I used to eat lots of processed stuff, I wouldn't watch my sugar, and desserts were my down fall, desserts daily, multiple times a day, now when I shop I get one box of baked goodness, (usually ghiradelli dark chocolate brownie mix) and I can have brownies once every two weeks (I only grocery shop every two weeks)

and my portions are smaller...

those are my major changes.