Taco Tuesday ideas?

Options
pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
To be clear, when I say Taco Tuesday I mean any form of Mexican fare. Ideas?

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Taco junk (great served with chips, as a filling for burritos or over a bed of lettuce for a taco salad)

1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
    1 can fat-free refried beans
    1 can niblet corn
    1 can chili ready tomatoes
    1 16oz jar salsa
    1 packet taco seasoning
    1 packet dry ranch dressing mix

Mix everything in crockpot and let cook on low for 2-3 hours.
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    following
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    oooooo Im all over this one! I'm making pork tacos today. I cook a pork butt in the slow cooker all day with my own seasonings, then when its tender, I shred it and give it a quick toss in a pan with diced onion and jalapenos. Yummmmm
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    fish tacos are often good and lighter fare
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I make a layered enchilada - an onion, a pepper, some garlic, a chopped zucchini (my husband can't have beans), a can of diced tomato, some Sofrito, shredded chicken (from 1lb raw) and a little bit of hot sauce and cilantro. Use as a filling lasagna style with corn tortillas and 2% cheese.
    u01f44l0kqqf.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Zucchini noodles mixed with peppers, turkey taco meat, some spreadable cheese wedges, cilantro, scallion.
    xvffdu5w4822.jpg
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    We are having fish tacos tonight.

Mine are (pan seared) cod seasoned with cumin, lime, and chili pepper and topped with avocados, cilantro, jalapenos, and a citrusy slaw. My kids leave off the slaw and jalapenos and just do avocado and cheese on theirs. (Cheese on fish makes me gag).

My go to though is boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the crockpot with a jar of salsa a cup of frozen corn and a can of black beans. I put the chicken and salsa in on low all day and then when I get home from work I add the corn and beans until heated through. I usually serve it over rice like a burrito bowl and top with fixings.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    We also do "Mexican" style pizza and enchilada stuffed peppers.

1em7xnmfo2uu.jpg
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When I'm pressed for time I'll make enchiladas. I cheat and buy the canned enchilada sauce, preshredded cheese, and get the chicken from a rotisserie chicken. I do cook an onion and green pepper to add to the filling. Then you just roll the chicken, cheese, onions, peppers, and spices up corn tortillas. Stick it them in a 9x13 casserole dish top with a couple cans of enchilada sauce and some cheese and pop that sucker in the oven for 20 minutes at 350. You can even make it ahead of time. I just add the sauce and cheese when I'm ready to cook it.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Pulled pork quesadillas...on the grill
    nad6wf1f326s.jpg

Baked chiles rellenos...no batter
    3r8lqapdlhy4.jpg

Beer battered, pulled pork stuffed chiles rellenos...
    rpkjbu2dsu36.jpg

Fish tacos...
    mp9o7nnix46k.jpg

I usually make a salad with these dishes from cubed 'cado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, tossed w/ a light dressing of lime juice, oil, cumin, salt & pepper, pinch of sugar.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    Fish and tacos don't seem like a good thing. Maybe some day I'll make that.. haha
  • JodehFoster
    Options
    cooked fresh fish on a fresh tortilla, yes

...canned tuna slapped in a stale corn shell, no. just no.
  • Libby8101
    Libby8101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken with green chilis and/or jalapenos to make it spicy. Stuff it into a leaf lettuce "taco" with a dollop of salsa, a smidgeon of cheese and a whisper of sour cream. Ole!
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

Tonight is Kind Vegetable Taco night,
    1 Bag of "beefless grounds" (must be this brand otherwise it taste and feel likes crap in your mouth)
    1 Taco seasoning Packet (low sodium)
    1 small onion Diced
    Sautee Onions and add Beefless Grounds
    Following the Instructions on Taco Seasoning Packet, add Taco Seasoning and water and let simmer.

Sides
    Hard Taco Shells
    Iceberg Lettuce
    Diced Tomatoes
    Cheddar Cheese
    Chopped Onion
    Chopped Cilantro
    Salsa
    Black Olives
    Sour Cream

Soo freaking GOOD!!

@Blankly4200 Fish Tacos are awesome!!! I really like fish tacos made with blackened cod, cilantro lime cabbage slaw, and crumbled "Mexican" Cheese, and salsa verde

Cheers
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Baked taco shells make a nice taco salad. Use an oversized muffin tin for 8" shells

OT8380_Ardito.jpg

Those stuffed peppers....yum!
  • pie_eyes
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @JodehFoster do you have a recipe for those quesadillas?

and the baked chili relleno?
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I follow a YouTuber that does a Taco Tuesday video every Tuesday. He has come up with a bunch of different tacos and many authentic Mexican tacos. https://youtube.com/user/CentralTexasGrilling/videos

Here are some of he tacos I have tried. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/search/label/Tacos

One of my favorites taste like Suiza enchiladas. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/07/suiza-rellenos-tacos.html

Suiza+Rellenos+Tacos+2.jpg
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I follow a YouTuber that does a Taco Tuesday video every Tuesday. He has come up with a bunch of different tacos and many authentic Mexican tacos. https://youtube.com/user/CentralTexasGrilling/videos

Here are some of he tacos I have tried. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/search/label/Tacos

One of my favorites taste like Suiza enchiladas. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/07/suiza-rellenos-tacos.html

Suiza+Rellenos+Tacos+2.jpg

Nice thanks. I do Taco Tuesday every week (something to look forward to) and get tired Old Elpaso kits and making my mom's patented burrito recipe from when I was a kid, lol
  • JodehFoster
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @JodehFoster do you have a recipe for those quesadillas?

and the baked chili relleno?

I kinda slap this stuff together, but...

Quesadillas:

Flour tortillas, burrito size
    Cheddar-jack (or cheddar or just jack), grab a bag of shredded cheese
    Grilled Chicken - cubed (or shredded leftover pork)
    Bacon - crumbled
    Cilantro & Green onions - chopped, to taste

I toss my meats with the cilantro & onions in a bowl & set up a station next to the grill w/ tortillas, bowl of meat, & cheese.
    I lightly butter one side of my tortilla & put it butter side down on grill (not necessary to use butter, but it's damn delicious). Working quickly, I place enough cheese to cover *only half* of the tortilla, topping that with meat & then covering w/ more cheese. Fold the uncovered side over to make a half moon shape & press down (helps the cheese "glue" everything together). Once browned on the bottom, carefully flip over using tongs to keep everything squeezed together & allow to brown on the other side. I cut each of these into thirds. This can be done in a frying pan too.
    I serve these w/ sour cream, salsa & hot sauce...good plain right off the grill too.

Oh, if you're a mayo eater, I mix a few tablespoons of mayo into my sour cream & a good queeze of lime juice. Great condiment.

I'll post the Chiles Rellenos below
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Would like to have stuffed pepper enchiladas .