I Need to Feel Like I'm Worth It

Options
I have good days and bad days. I'm going through a separation right now and some days I feel like it's because I'm not pretty enough, smart enough, good enough. Other days I feel like heck yeah, I am worth it. I just need the motivation to get me back to working out. I felt so good about myself when I used to work out and I lost weight. I loved the feeling when my clothes were too big.

It may take a while but I CAN and WILL do this. I just need motivation to get through the bad days.

Replies

• cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Its like you wrote that post for me - minus the separation part. Please let me know how you find your motivation because I need some too!
  • rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Regardless of the opinions of others, you should do it for yourself. You will feel better about yourself and you will begin to feel more than good enough, pretty enough, and smart enough!
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days, just get back on the horse and ride. No one can do it for you - and, yes, you are definitely worth it!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It helps when we get our inner voice on board for the transformation. Of course you are worth it.
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Being worth it is one thing- you are of course. Who isn't? But that self-sabotaging perspective is dynamite enough to railroad you're best intentions. I love this quote' sometimes in order to win you have become someone you're not'. I think we all have to dig deep at times. Especially for what seems at times such small gains. But it's an accumulative experience. Some days are 2/10 others 9/10. I came across this little thought a few weeks ago ... maybe you heard it - for every five workouts one will be excellent, three will be average and one will be rubbish. I find it's pretty accurate. Those so-so days try not to invest energy towards the negative. It serves a very invaluable purpose if it's just self bashing. Instead use it to turn around your day- simply put on the walking shoes and get out that door. Just the act reinforces your devotion and dedication to raising your spirit. Returning to an act of human being. Even just reaching out here is an act of purpose and belief in yourself. It's burning in you. If it wasn't you'd not have written and be watching reruns of The Loveboat. Go get 'em tiger.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do everything at once. Just log your food, stay under most of the time, and do some/any form of exercise daily. Once that's a habit things will get easier. Then you can increase your workouts if you like them. Then you can sneak off another 100 calories from your day.

You have this one, precious, life to live. You can live it to the fullest with activities that add to your life, or you can choose behaviors and activities that add nothing or detract from feeling fully alive. It's your choice.
  • JoyTN
    JoyTN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I WILL do this.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say, " I am worth it!" <3
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Try a gold start diary. Write down all the things you do right! For health related, there is even a NSV thread where people post their triumphs daily. When you are feeling your worst is when it is most important to sit down and actually write down at least three great things about YOU!