Bikini competitor

Options
Looking for a reverse diet as a bikini competitor, any suggestions? Please add me!

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to review your progress, lol! By the way what is a reverse diet? Trying to gain weight? Anyway, welcome to the boards and good luck! I'll send you a friend request.
  • tobefit_fm
    tobefit_fm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A reverse diet slowly adds carbs and fats to your diet so that you don't blow up like a balloon from recently competing!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    rnohou2010 wrote: »
    I would be happy to review your progress, lol! By the way what is a reverse diet? Trying to gain weight? Anyway, welcome to the boards and good luck! I'll send you a friend request.

Essentially it's slowly increasing your calorie intake to bring it back up to maintenance. Apparently she's been cutting for a contest and she wants to add back in some more food without losing too much of her effort. I personally don't think it makes a difference and that you should just pop back into maintenance but I'll let the bro-science experts decide that point.

Good luck new person and there are several people like you on this site I'm sure.
  • tobefit_fm
    tobefit_fm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've heard stories of women who blew up from not reverse dieting correctly. I just don't want that to happen to me!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    tobefit_fm wrote: »
    Thanks! I've heard stories of women who blew up from not reverse dieting correctly. I just don't want that to happen to me!
    You'll for sure gain some water weight from adding back in carbs but if your next show isn't right around the corner that goes away pretty easily. Within a week from my experience.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    tobefit_fm wrote: »

Most women who blow up after a show either starved themselves or ate little to no carbs for several months leading up to a show. Then after the show they binge eat or they lose all control. Sometimes the women take diuretics and steroids for prep and when they stop using them after a show they have all sorts of problems.

How you keep it from happening is to maintain a good relationship with your trainer/coach and they should help you through it. If they put you on 500 calories per day or refuse to map out your reverse diet you need to find a new one. If this is your first show and you don't have a trainer/coach you need to find one.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Please include me with the gentleman up above who knows nothing about your dilemma but kindly offers to review your progress toward whatever your goal is because of your face and the word bikini.

This is just one of my random acts of kindness today.

You're welcome.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to update this thread that I haven't gotten any material to review yet. I really hope you're on the right track and you'll probably never know for sure unless you share pictures with strange men on the internet.
  • MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like the word "diet". It's a four letter word that keeps coming back.

If you keep doing what you're doing, and making healthy food choices, you can't go wrong. The challenge is, if you dropped too much competition weight, you may look like you have ballooned in the off-season regardless.
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Lmao at @Burt_Huttz
    Funny guy
  • yungbrah
    yungbrah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and I'd be down to help with your reverse diet. I've done them before myself so I know a decent amount.