Are you still drinking soda?

Options

Replies

• eklei123
    eklei123 Posts: 27
    Options
    I feel like if you look hard enough you will find a news story telling you that ANYTHING is bad for you.

That being said, I don't drink a lot of diet soda. Fortunately I was never a big soda drinker - I will drink it if it's handy though. I mostly drink unsweet tea with Splenda (which I'm sure some people think it's just as bad as asperthame) but I drink water like it's my job.

Honestly I think that anything is going to affect your health if you have too much of it. Nothing wrong with a die soda once in a while.

This is proven research. :) Can't believe what our FDA approves. Whole food is the way to go.

Ughhhh our FDA is filled with food company lobbyists and execs. They aren't concerned with our health at all, only that the companies that give them money get advanced so they can make MORE money. Why is a box of Fruit by the Foot cheaper than REAL fruit? Look no further than the drug pushers in the FDA :grumble:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink soda anymore--if I do its diet with rum and those are once a month to 2months if that.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Once a week on average for me.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't drink tea or coffee and so diet coke is my caffine fix. I've tried to give it up several times now, I've ended up having MASSIVE caffine withdrawal headaches as I have no other substitute.

I will do it, I'm phasing it gradually at the moment, no fizzy after dinner. I drink maybe 4/5 cans a day.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    i quit the fizz a few weeks ago. i was pleasantly surprised to discover that i didnt miss it at all. i didnt have any for a month, but now i'll have one a week or something for a treat. i properly love coke :heart: i'm pleased i can be trusted to have the odd one and not revert to drinking it every day. just need to work on my husband though! he's a proper caffeine addict and cracks after a couple of days. i'm a right nag though so i'll get there :wink:
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda every day. Usually a couple a day. Still losing weight too. There's something wrong with everything we eat, so whatever!
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda every day. Usually a couple a day. Still losing weight too. There's something wrong with everything we eat, so whatever!

Agreed! I drink one can of Diet Dr. Pepper with lunch and it hasn't affected my weight loss. I also drink at least 8 (usually closer to 12) glasses of water a day.
  • mlweaver89
    mlweaver89 Posts: 35
    Options
    I gave up soda toward the beginning of the year and have STUCK TO IT! I now only have the occasional Sprite/7up in a cocktail.
  • Fawnie
    Fawnie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    nope.
    however occasionally i mistake my cup for someone else's. and i end up drinking a taste .__.

just a wk or two ago i had tea sitting next to me, next thing i knew i was drinking tea-soda!
    what happened to my drink?? my dad's excuse was, "i didnt want to waste the soda"
    you gotta be kidding me....so basically he just poured it into my cup w/o asking.

im going to have to start smelling my cup before i drink out of it!
  • mjm_79
    mjm_79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Try a water bottle with some propel zero or great value energy packets. The great value energy packets are only 10 calories and they have many different flavors to choose from.
  • Tammysueless
    Tammysueless Posts: 166
    Options
    Hang in there! It does get easier. We finally just quit buying it. If/when my hubby or the kids want one they can get one when we go out to eat.(which in this econ. isn't very often!) I even made my oldest use his own money if he wants it that bad-needless to say he dosen't want it that bad!!!:tongue:
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I have cut way down from when I was even a little younger -- I do drink Diet now (Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper 10 are awesome!). I get really bad headaches (i.e. the last two days wheN I had no caffeine). I have maybe 2-3 a week. At restaurants, I often just order unsweet tea--no calories but still get the boost! Or on a really sluggish morning, nonfat latte from Starbucks!

Oh yeah, and I'm drinking about 60+ oz. of water every day. (I refill a 20 oz bottle 2-3 times at work and then after I get home and workout and eat dinner I lose count.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh noooezzz two amino acids bonded together are going to kill us. There is no way the excess amino acids will go into the amino acid degradation pathway like every other amino acid.. And that MeOH, it probably has magic to bypass alcohol dehydrogenase and poison us. Yes, we are going to die.

/sarcasm
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Nope, quitting made a huge difference for me, lost 12-15 pounds just by quitting diet pop!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily and I will continue to do so.

I've noticed that the majority of the anti-soda articles are from the same website. One belonging to a Dr. Mercola (and it's funny to me that "cola" is in his name) who sells his own nutrition plan. It's good business for him to bash soda. Just like it would be good business for Coke or Pepsi to say that their products are good. It's all about the $$$.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I've noticed that the majority of the anti-soda articles are from the same website. One belonging to a Dr. Mercola (and it's funny to me that "cola" is in his name) who sells his own nutrition plan. It's good business for him to bash soda. Just like it would be good business for Coke or Pepsi to say that their products are good. It's all about the $$$.

Same here. I always laugh at alarmists and media based hysteria. Some of us have the common sense and education to know better.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Same here. I always laugh at alarmists and media based hysteria. Some of us have the common sense and education to know better.

I'm sorry, but it's obvious that you 2 did not read the article. Using the excuse that "there is something wrong with everything we eat" to justify drinking soda is quite funny, especially for you to assume that you have more common sense and education to ignore the anti-soda/ASP research when you're poisoning your body instead. You chose what to put into your body, but it's also sad that you are ignorant to the fact that you are drinking poison.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily and will continue to do so. My weight loss is steady and it doesn't trigger anything for me. I just like fizzy brown pop.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but it's obvious that you 2 did not read the article. Using the excuse that "there is something wrong with everything we eat" to justify drinking soda is quite funny, especially for you to assume that you have more common sense and education to ignore the anti-soda/ASP research when you're poisoning your body instead. You chose what to put into your body, but it's also sad that you are ignorant to the fact that you are drinking poison.

clearly, we are all ignorant then, if you say so! And you're 18 years old and know everything! This topic is and has been and always will be widely debated. So what, everyone has their own opinions and this ONE article is not going to change my ways. Maybe you should just worry about yourself instead of everyone else. Fine, if you think it's POISON, don't consume it. But my ignorant, lacking common sense self, will continue to "POISON" myself on a daily basis! Happy Wednesday!
  • cutieAlysa
    Options
    I do drink soda probaby 1 a week 3 a week at the max!