I dont want to be my friend no more .....

Options
iamMaLisa
iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
Does anyone else relate to the song by Pink? Dont let me get me..

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a hazard to myself

Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else

Are there others out there that feels the same?

Replies

• xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sure do!!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    For sure!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Today I do...
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    every second of my life!
  • loseit65
    loseit65 Posts: 47
    Options
    oh yea!! your not alone ! Kim
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    All the time
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I felt this way before making my lifestyle change last July. Now I am my very best friend and LOVE looking in the mirror and seeing the good changes that I have made to my body! It's amazing how great you feel about yourself and everything else in life when you are eating healthy foods and exercising regularly!
  • shawny9499
    shawny9499 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So feel this way!

8380426.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites.....My own worst enemy!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    For as long as I can remember. I have this CD and when it came out I played this song over and over and over again. She writes a lot of songs with very similar themes. I see myself in most of them.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    lately anyways
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard that one yet -- but yes. Not so long ago when I would force myself to really look at my body -- I would alway end up saying "I effing hate you!!" to my reflection. Fast foward to last night -- and mind you -- I'm not seeing a whole lot of change in my body -- but I feel better. Turning this way and that -- I cracked a smile and said "we got this honey."

Even after I got away from the people in my life who put me down -- I continued verbally abusing my self. It's going to take some time for me to change that pattern of behavior -- but I really hope to be my own best friend someday :)
  • Skweezd
    Skweezd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have always beat myself up, my own worst enemy. Running, walking, etc has helped me release some of that tension. I also read a great book written (believe it or not) by Eleanor Roosevelt called Learn by Living. Just a thought...
    Kim
  • Skweezd
    Options
    I have always beat myself up, my own worst enemy. Running, walking, etc has helped me release some of that tension. I also read a great book written (believe it or not) by Eleanor Roosevelt called Learn by Living. Just a thought...
    Kim
  • Skweezd
    Options
    Kim
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    I think we all have days, weeks & months that we feel that way about ourselves.

But on the flip side... you can also become your own biggest fan!
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are days....
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :) thanks for the advise.
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    i love that song, and go in and out of my love/hate relationship with myself. its not about the weight but my past abuse my addictions and the things i've done, i have lost way too much. i belt that song out when i hear it because i relate, but i've been through therapy, suicide attempts, so much **** i won't even list it all, but unless you can look in the mirror and like whos looking back, it will be a struggle. i have to tell myself i am worth more, i have to , if not love, at least like who looks back at me in the mirror. if i don't like/love me who the hell will? i have to change for ME so i'm lovable for me, everyone else, kids, husbands, family have to come second because if i don't invest in me no one else will give a damn.

If i gave you a summary of my life.....(i will spare you!! lol)

The weight loss i'm doing is for me, because i feel better about myself and i want a change, and today when i was in town wearing a new top, checking myself out in windows (and touching my stomach like i was pregnant and its still rounded!!) i smiled because my **** is not holding me back anymore, my beatings from my dad, losing my kids, alcoholism, suicide attempts....shall i go on??

YOU are here for a reason, and i'm very sorry that i've gone on.

BE KIND TO YOURSELF. X
  • forgetregret
    forgetregret Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Totally, I remember even crying to it when I was younger. Pink's F*cking Perfect is pretty easy to relate to too.