Chaffing on Inner Thigh

Options
My thighs are from Asgard and have a tendency to rub together when doing cardio. I've always had huge thighs, even before I gained weight. I used to play competitive hockey - I was a goalie.

Anyways, was wondering what the est course of action was for chaffed thighs. I've applied Vaseline for the meantime. I assume that's all I can do. But was also wondering if there was a way to prevent chaffing in the future.

Replies

• AshleighCRose
    AshleighCRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would baby powder be any good?
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing compression shorts? they keep the insides tight and they are slick so no rub. Also instead of vaseline I'm thinking something from the athletic section with medicine to actually heal first.
  • maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts and Body Glide (it is one of my favorite things).
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use body glide (or another brand - maybe Gold Bond - that is the same product) if I'm not wearing compression shorts.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Don't use corn starch, baby powder, or Gold Bond. Though they may dry the skin they also chafe. Body Glide is the best.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Deodorant works to prevent it. Not sure how to heal it.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Penaten, the baby diaper rash cream works for healing
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I use lifting chalk. It's readily available in my home gym and serves the purpose without increasing chafe. YMMV.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    maureented wrote: »

That's all you need to know. Your weight has nothing to do with thighs rubbing together. Mine do even at 10% - 12% body fat. I wear compression shorts. Problem solved.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Antiperspirant. I do a lot of running in humid weather in shorts, and it works great!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    maureented wrote: »

+1
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i don't use compression shorts but i do use body glide. well a natural version, but essentially body glide
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Another vote for compression shorts or underwear, preferably 9" leg. They are how I survive the treadmill.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Body glide and compression shorts!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Everyone swears by body glide- but I just wear long fitted capris- otherwise my legs would clap themselves into ground beef whilst cheering for me (they love the work I do- to much)... so yeah.

Fitted capris/compression shorts.

Mine aren't from Asgard- but Hercules and Athena- well- they have their own home's he he he he :smiley:
    #thestruggleisreal
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I use deoderant/antipersperant but I hear body glide is very good. If it's a long run, I wear compression shorts or capris to minimize friction.