Jawbone vs FitBit

Options
Does anyone have a preference in the two of these items? I'm looking into getting a tracker but not sure which to choose. From what I've read and heard they're basically the same just look a little different. So I'm leaning toward the jawbone UP simply because they're 20% off at target right now ;)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    One difference is I believe Jawbone can only be synced with a phone and (I could be really off base here/going off my very bad memory) some models have to actually be connected to the phone to sync.

Fitbit on the other hand comes with a dongle for computers and can be synced via bluetooth to smart phones with at least bluetooth 4.0. Data can be viewed on their website or from their phone app.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex - it's cheap and does exactly as it says it does (and well)!
    There are many that use expensive versions of the fitbit which I'm sure are just as brilliant but I couldn't justify spending that much (some are around £150+). My flex was £50 and it's been great! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit which I love, other friends have the Jawbone, they're both very similar from what I can understand. They're a great incentive to get us moving more and more :smile:
  • Steve_Paul
    Steve_Paul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The Jawbone software is far better than that of Fitbit IMO. I do like fitbit. I'm on my second one, but my next purchase will be a jawbone. If you shop around you can get good deals on both. I recently picked up an up24 for £39.00 my latest fitbit charge cost me £58
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and my daughter has the jawbone. I think it is just a matter of preference as they both work fine. I got my fitbit on ebay refurbished and only paid 39 dollars for it. Still had the box and everything works great. Just find a seller that has good feedback.
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I got a jawbone 24 from amazon for ~$50. It's a discontinued model and the non-black colors were cheaper than the black. I use it for counting steps and alarms for waking up and pill reminders. It syncs with MFP.
    I think when I have to get a new fitness monitor, I'd like one with Heart Rate.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I threw my jawbone away after a week or so. I constantly lost blue tooth connection with my phone(s). Went back to fitbit flex and still happy :-)
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like fitbit for all the reasons above and that it syncs easily with MFP and Map My Fitness Apps. A big PLUS is that I found a website where I can order any color wristband under the sun and can color coordinate with my outfits for real cheap!!